Bama State job offered to Big 12 assistant...(Nope, it's Mo Willliams)

Perhaps, some of these SWAC coaches will get more potentially if they distinguish themselves......We'll see.

I would go with buddy from Miles.... he been there two years and won 2 conference titles.

I have heard from multiple sources that Alabama State has offered their head men’s basketball coach job to Iowa State assistant William Small. It sounds like the offer on the table was low (less that half of the reported $265,000/yr that Small is making at Iowa State), and the sides are working to negotiate a deal.
WHY WOULD HE APPLY FOR A JOB MAKING HALF OF WHAT HE IS GETTING NOW? If you apply for a low paying job, something is wrong with that person.

Who in the top 3?

Recruiting season about over with and they are late in the game, should have held on the Coach Jackson another year. They cant break the bank with all this uncertainty and I'm sure their budget is under cost cutting measures. Bama St dropped the ball during this process, if they were going to let Jackson go, should have already had someone ready to go.

Recruiting season about over with and they are late in the game, should have held on the Coach Jackson another year. They cant break the bank with all this uncertainty and I'm sure their budget is under cost cutting measures. Bama St dropped the ball during this process, if they were going to let Jackson go, should have already had someone ready to go.
I will only say this after I see who gets the job...

Budget won't be a problem for the top 3. I'll just say one is a former NBA player that won a ring within the last 10 years
a ring playing or coaching? Playing rings aint gone help you coaching.... we learned that the hard way with our girls. Best bet it buddy from Miles.. he has won everywhere he has gone.

a ring playing or coaching? Playing rings aint gone help you coaching.... we learned that the hard way with our girls. Best bet it buddy from Miles.. he has won everywhere he has gone.
He's got a ring from playing and also has been coaching on the D1 level since he retired from the NBA

Interesting to say the least. Who would have thought that the SWAC could have 2 NBA champs on their sidelines in 2020-2021

*Note: Geno (UConn) coached for free last year I believe so it's not unheard of

Mo Williams, this will be a disaster. I guess they didn’t learn from us, lol

most likely they offered a contract similar to football which is basically year to year. Who in their right mind would take that unless it’s someone who has nothing to lose financially? They just tried that at Clark Atlanta and it failed

Back