Bama State job offered to Big 12 assistant...(Nope, it's Mo Willliams)

DAHILL

I have heard from multiple sources that Alabama State has offered their head men’s basketball coach job to Iowa State assistant William Small. It sounds like the offer on the table was low (less that half of the reported $265,000/yr that Small is making at Iowa State), and the sides are working to negotiate a deal.

I have heard from multiple sources that Alabama State has offered their head men’s basketball coach job to Iowa State assistant William Small. It sounds like the offer on the table was low (less that half of the reported $265,000/yr that Small is making at Iowa State), and the sides are working to negotiate a deal.

Is this another April Fool's joke? If not, it is an insult to offer a person less than half of what he is already making. Why would the new guy accept the job at State? If State is not going to put any more money into the program, the results with the new coach won't be any better than the one with Jackson. It is amazing that so many people think that just changing coaches will substantially improve a program. It never occurs to them that they should try giving the current coach more to work with in terms of program support.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Interesting....

Is this another April Fool's joke? If not, it is an insult to offer a person less than half of what he is already making. Why would the new guy accept the job at State? If State is not going to put any more money into the program, the results with the new coach won't be any better than the one with Jackson. It is amazing that so many people think that just changing coaches will substantially improve a program. It never occurs to them that they should try giving the current coach more to work with in terms of program support.
Never know... some people simply want to be a head coach. ... and money may not be a factor.

Mike Davis is laughing at you. His assistant coach son makes more than that. Plus Davis must have 4 more dudes on the bench in suits. Must be an April Fool Joke

ISU coach is also on the hotseat

Yep. Plus there is something about being the man with your own program versus being an assistant. It's one thing if you are an assistant at Duke, UNC, Kansas or even Gonzaga or St. Mary's where there is job stability. It's another thing if you are at Iowa State where you saw Texas Tech become a national title contender and even Kansas State has passed you in the Big 12 ranks

I think if ASU can get it over $150K a year and give him enough for some decent assistants, he will take it

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
And lets say he does good...that low pay makes it easier for someone else like a Grand Canyon University to steal him.

Texas Southern is among the highest paying jobs in the SWAC and Mike Davis still left for Detroit

The SWAC is a first D1 job level league

Most universities know that tougher decisions will have to be made the longer the current pandemic lasts... So they are probably hesitant to commit to really lucrative contracts when they know the funds may not be there. Especially if enrollment is significantly lower next school year or there is a delay in the start of the fall term....

Most universities know that tougher decisions will have to be made the longer the current pandemic lasts... So they are probably hesitant to commit to really lucrative contracts when they know the funds may not be there. Especially if enrollment is significantly lower next school year or there is a delay in the start of the fall term....

I totally agree!

that's something to think about before you start making changes to coaching staffs. guess that is why there were so few vacancies in college basketball this season. bama state and alcorn are the last 2 open jobs in all of DI and I want to say there were only 21 openings, much lower than previous years by all accounts.

that's something to think about before you start making changes to coaching staffs. guess that is why there were so few vacancies in college basketball this season. bama state and alcorn are the last 2 open jobs in all of DI and I want to say there were only 21 openings, much lower than previous years by all accounts.
Is Lew Jack on speed dial?

Back