Baby Boy

Nope. If you've seen Poetic Justice and Menace to Society, you've already seen it anyway.:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

The director was on PPV the other night and they were analyzing the movie. He took the storyline from both of those movies and blended it into one. Hell they showed half of the movie on there.

Poetic Jutice was garbage. It had no plot whats so ever. I think I'm going to see Scary Movie 2.

Man I am so tired of these same tired arse storylines. Seen one, you seen em all.

Hollywood Video only for me.

I support all black movies

I'm going to see it Sunday. It's the last in a trilogy. This kinda stuff happens in real life. I'd rather see this than Hannibal or some bullish like The Fast and The Furious.

Funny how everyone said that they were not going to watch BET anymore when tongue tied Tavis got fired...but everyone sure did catch the BET awards.....interesting!!!!

Baby Boy .... Baby Flop.

They gonna get all you nuts who want to see "scenes of my life" on the big screen with "my people" and show you the same thing that all the man coming out of the hood movies have.

In other words, NO, I don't think I will be checking that trash out anytime soon.

I thought about it.........

I mean, I don't have any beef against Singleton and what-not. Chances are, if I'm not doing anything Sunday afternoon, I might go and check out a matinee.

:shrugs shoulders:

i plan on checking baby boy and pootie tang out friday afternoon when the tickets are $4.00. 2 for the price of one. i am banking more on pootie tang than baby boy. hood movie or not...i enjoy them all.pootie tang....should be a trip. chris rock is a mess with himself.

"The Movie Critic" by SlickPartna

FREE = 95% GoodThang

I checked out BabyBoy last night for "FREE"!!... and when it's FREE... it's 95% a good thang... leave with no regrets when it's weak... enjoy it even more when it's fresh.

babyboy... it was pretty good.... :cool:
Too much cursing for my taste... but some folk have a limited "hood" vocabulary... so it fits (I suppose).

It's life... baby mommas, thug *****z, hood rats, scanks, promiscuous behavior :p ....the babyboy mentality, it's all real.

I just always "HOPE" that these young "so-called" G's, get the message that's within the threads of the movie!?! :confused:
Not see it as glit and glamour for the way they may live or the way they may know life to be within it's 'preceived' limitations - ya dig?

Originally posted by eminentJSUtiger
i plan on checking baby boy and pootie tang out friday afternoon when the tickets are $4.00. 2 for the price of one. i am banking more on pootie tang than baby boy. hood movie or not...i enjoy them all.pootie tang....should be a trip. chris rock is a mess with himself.

Now that pootie tang really looks like some mess.......LOL

Hey D-town.......

Originally posted by Dtown Jag

Now that pootie tang really looks like some mess.......LOL

Pootie tang my run a close race with this................
02710301.jpg

juul.gif
(sipping on some Courvoisier)

Re: Hey D-town.......

Originally posted by Crazier Jag

Pootie tang my run a close race with this................
02710301.jpg

juul.gif
(sipping on some Courvoisier)

Hey yourself:wavey:

.........You're about right CJ. You not drankin' the courvoisier are you?:emlaugh:

PootieTang= Diffinultly a "Premier Video" Rental or FREE Passes... which ever comes first!! The last Chris Rock's movie I saw (forgot the name)... I saw it FREE too.

Ya gotta love a "hook-up"! That's the only other way I can see "PootieTang"!! Heck that's just like the "Ladies Man" to me.

Didn't do anything for me.

Baby Boy was a'ight. I went with a bunch of friends, and we laughed a lot, especially at the beginning.

As far as the plot is concerned, it left me a bit empty. I HOPE our youth isn't looking at this movie as a "To Do," cuz it is definitely not that. :eek:

Now Pootie Tang... I've heard enough bad press about that movie to not even see it for FREE.

Give me a few drinks though, and I'll consider it. ;)

The movie was................okay. I want to see, "Two Can Play That Game" with Morris Chestnut.

see it before judging it....

I really do not understand why you all are criticizing these movies before they even come out or before you actually go and <b>watch them</b> :confused: No movie ever made since moviemaking began has ever or will ever be "perfect" or please each and everybody out there. I know that previews and trailers can give away aspects of a movie, but there's also this thing about never judging a book by its cover. All I'm saying is, why not at least give the thing a chance first?

But I saw "Baby Boy", and overall, I liked it. In line with what was mentioned earlier, I did feel that there was a little too much cussing and emphasis on sex. And, I think Singleton should have shortened the length of the movie, because it's kinda longer than what it had to be. But this movie was real, and that's what I came away from it with. Tyrese did a better job of acting than I expected, but the young lady who played his girlfriend was really nice - I believe this was her first role, too, but she was straight-up on point. There probably wasn't any real "message" about it, but then again, maybe there didn't need to be one.

Of course, these are only my <b>opinions</b>...

kci,

Just like you see trailers of movies that you don't like, I see trailers of crap like Baby Boy that I don't like. Personal preference. I don't go to movies JUST BECAUSE it's by a black person.

Hollywood video.

Baby Boy is better than most give it credit for. This movie is the most real I've seen in a while. This movie could have been set in buck-tussa, alabama and it would have still gotten the point across. I've come across a lot of young men like the lead in this movie, some parts of it I've even lived. It's not a "shoot em up" gang movie. In fact, the only person that made mention of formerly being in a gang was Ving Rhames character.

I would suggest that people go out and see it, because it's at least as good as or better than most of the movies out there. It's better than Swordfish (except for Hal...you know ;) ).

Also, there's no more cursing than what I hear when I'm with my boys. There's a couple of serious sex scenes, though.

Back