Awful music on the radio

MACKG

a.k.a. NASTYNUPE
What songs make you cringe when you hear them on the radio now.

Currently I can't stand to hear:

Never Leave You - Uh Ooh, Uh Oooh!, Lumidee (simply horrible)
Never Scared, Bone Crusher Featuring Killer Mike & T.I.(I ain't never scared to turn this sh*t off)
Rock Wit U (Awww Baby), Ashanti (NO BABY)
Signs of Love Makin' , Tyrese(Usher...please hurry up and release some new sh*t)

I'm sorry but, it has gottin' so bad for me that I don't listen to the radio at all unless it is Classical or Jazz on NPR Radio Network.

Originally posted by Legend35
I'm sorry but, it has gottin' so bad for me that I don't listen to the radio at all unless it is Classical or Jazz on NPR Radio Network.

This pretty much sums it up for me. I only listen to Gospel, jazz, and my old school funk!

Ashanti....:vomit: Aww baby...ooo baby....:smh:

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE

Never Scared, Bone Crusher Featuring Killer Mike & T.I.(I ain't never scared to turn this sh*t off)
Signs of Love Makin' , Tyrese(Usher...please hurry up and release some new sh*t)

Co-Sign.
Tyrese needs to sit down and shet up!!! He rides his songs to death.

Ashanti says the world "BABY" like a Billion times in that song.

Add: So Gone - Monica, Crazy in Love - Beyonce, and Floetry (Them butchy broads are getting annoying!!!)

No BaBy- Ashanti (yeah btwn her last song Baby, Baby, Baby, baby, baby and this song- I'm tired of hearing that word from her)

Crazy in Love- Beyonce

I haven't gotten too tired of RIght Thur-(sp) Chingy, yet.

P.I.M.P.- 50 cents

That other song by 50 cents, they are starting to sound alike.

I really don't listen to the radio, as much anymore since I got a disc changer inthe car. If I do, it's onthe old skool station.

Just about any damn thing they play on the radio is tiresome because they wear everything out.

All the rap songs & the rappers can go str8 to hell, w/the exception of 'Get Low' by that Lil' Jon and them East Side boys. :D

I hate scream rap. Lil Jon, Yin Yang, Bone Crusher, all of the ATL sh*t...just mess!!!

This song is the reason why I stopped listening to radio and stopped watching BET. I think I can make this song in my backyard at home.

:lmao:

Most of the songs above.

I kind of like Rock Wit U though. It does have that mid 80's R&B feel.

It's all about the dollar bill and not about the art for record companies. Actually Ashanti's song is a move in the right direction, it does have a chord progression:cool:. Believe it or not a lot of 17 to 20 year old are tired of that screaming rap. More of them here are listening to that so call neo-soul.The Isley Brothers new album being on top and Monica song is still #1, is a good sign that a change is about to come.

That opera style crap that R. Kelly has the Isley Bros. doing...where Ron sings back and forth w/the female about where she's been. "Contagious" was enough.

Yin Yang.....just mess!!!

I cant stand they lil ugly azzez!!! :vomit:

"You've been hit with the UGLY stick
You've been hit once, your brother's been hit Twice
You've been hit with the UGLY stick
You make me throw-up my Chicken & Rice...
....YOUR FACE IS TRAAAAGIC (Wha Wha) TRAAAAGIC"

Originally posted by pbla

It's all about the dollar bill and not about the art for record companies. ....

Truer words have never been spoken about the recording industry.

Originally posted by Legend35

Most of my radio listening deals with sport's talk radio. (Understand that I do not like all sport's talk show hosts.) Jazz and old school R&B consists of most of my radio listening when I am near a market, like Dallas and Houston, that has radio stations that play that type of music.

Outside of that most of my music listening come from my CDs in my PC. ;)

I hate certain songs, but I still like the radio. I listen to "other" stations sometimes just because our stations play the same tired arsed songs over and over.

I also stick with my CDs if in the car. At home, we find one of the music channels on cable...pick a theme and listen up.

The Closer I Get to You by Luther & Beyonce; At one time Luther was one of the few artist who could take a classic and make it as good as the original or better but this is not even close to the original.

Superstar Reuben's version; I'd rather hear the Carpenters

Reuben's single; If he ever develops a stronger voice he may be able to put out something decent. Otherwise he should stick with the high-profile talent shows, weddings and Sunday morning churcch service.

That Lumidee song is just so terrible. You can add Bow Wow's new song to the list. And pretty much anything by B2K. I just realized that 90% of the music on the radio sucks.

I can remember back in the day that I would actually tape entire shows off of the radio. People would travel out of town and bring back tapes from the radio. Those days are LONG GONE

That Lumidee song is just so terrible. You can add Bow Wow's new song to the list. And pretty much anything by B2K. I just realized that 90% of the music on the radio sucks.

I can remember back in the day that I would actually tape entire shows off of the radio. People would travel out of town and bring back tapes from the radio. Those days are LONG GONE

I remember those days. The real sad part about this era is that most of the recording artists on the radio are MELODICALLY CHALLENGED and MUSCIALLY CHALLENGED. I heard one song that had instruments and the singer playing in different keys::smh: :smh: :smh: .

Was this Alicia Keys???

LOL

I remember those days. The real sad part about this era is that most of the recording artists on the radio are MELODICALLY CHALLENGED and MUSCIALLY CHALLENGED. I heard one song that had instruments and the singer playing in different keys::smh: :smh: :smh: .

A lot of the songs that are playing on the radio aren't that bad but what makes them bad is the repeat play. I am so dayum tired of 50 cent, except for that pimp song. Radio sucks at this point so sometimes I ride silent.

I think I follow you,....You are saying they... don't understand theory???. You know we have one of the most riches countries in the world and there are countries in worst financial shape than ours but, they still finance the arts. America should have never stopped. Now, this is what you get.

With the cacophony of musical bull**** out there

I limit my ears to public radio (Classical [WBJC 91.5, and College [WEAA 88.9 Morgan State, WYPR 88.1 Johns Hopkins, & WTMD 89.7) and CLub (What chu expect, I'm from Baltimore.

*CHilling with the half-n-half in one hand and the chicken box in the other*

Currently I can't stand to hear:

I've basically stopped listening to FM Urban radio because stuff I like is increasingly scarse. I listen to sports talk and talk radio. I guess my answer would be "just about everything".

The last song I heard that I liked was "Beware of the Boys" by Punjabi MC feat. Jay-Z. :bowdown:

It will be at least until I go to and HBCU game this fall/leave California before I listen to FM Urban radio again.

Back