Audio: No immediate plans to televise State Fair Classic despite rising attendance

Kenn Rashad

Person In Charge
Staff member
Despite being among the highest attended HBCU football games nationally, there are no immediate plans to televise the State Fair Classic football game between Grambling State and Prairie View A&M according to Al Wash, CEO of ALW Entertainment, the event’s promoter.

Wash was a guest last week on The Mike Prince Show where he previewed the Sept. 29 contest, scheduled for the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, and discussed other challenges associated with promoting the game after over 40 years.

https://hbcusports.com/2018/08/13/a...state-fair-classic-despite-rising-attendance/

They could do a local blackout and play it elsewhere if they worried about butts in the seats and Al getting as much money as he can

I simply find it fascinating that in this day in age, folks have excuses for NOT wanting to be on TV. Wash's excuses are his own, but there is nothing that indicates that TV is slowing down attendance at HBCU football games ... especially when we see games like the MCC, Florida Classic and SHC (games that are played outdoors) are still generating crowds.

I simply find it fascinating that in this day in age, folks have excuses for NOT wanting to be on TV. Wash's excuses are his own, but there is nothing that indicates that TV is slowing down attendance at HBCU football games ... especially when we see games like the MCC, Florida Classic and SHC (games that are played outdoors) are still generating crowds.

I agree. It should be televised. Hell, At least do a tape delay. That’s a start. We need as much exposure as possible. This game draws enough consistently to be televised.

Back