Attempted Murdering Mommy stopped in tracks!

MsJag4Jag

<i> Is this a copy cat or is she psychotic also?</i>

June 26, 2001, 8:01AM

Pool worker keeps Florida mom from drowning baby
Associated Press

NORTH MIAMI, Fla. -- A maintenance worker cleaning a pool saw a woman trying to drown her 6-month-old son and rescued the boy, police said.

Dago Hernandez was pouring bleach into a pool at an apartment complex Monday when he heard Elsie Lazare-Louis screaming in Creole. Hernandez said he saw the woman holding her infant son under the water with both hands. He pulled the child out of the water and called 911.

The boy, Daniel, was taken to a hospital and then placed in state custody, police Detective Kathleen Ruggiero said.

Lazare-Louis, 35, was charged with first-degree attempted murder and taken to a hospital for a psychiatric evaluation. She was later taken to jail.

The woman's two other children, ages 9 and 12, will be placed in state custody after they return from summer camp at the end of the week, Ruggiero said.

Police said Lazare-Louis made prior attempts to kill the baby. Three public works employees saw her lying on top of the boy in the street earlier Monday, but she disappeared before police arrived, Ruggiero said. On Saturday, a neighbor told police, she walked into the street with the baby and screamed for a car to hit them.

This woman is crazy!! I think that she heard about how the woman in Houston was "supposedly" suffering from post-partum depression and she was trying to do the same thing!!

This is sad. Put her in a prison and let the inmates know why she is there. Maybe they will straighten her out with their own evaluation.

Back