Atlanta's SWAC Picnic

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
C-LeB28 said:
How was last year's attendence? Is the crowd dwindling by the year?

I can't compare it to other years, because last year was my first year. But it was cool. The attendance was decent (at least during the couple of hours I was out there). Strong representation from JSU and SU is about all I remember.

Thanks for the info Jazz. I'll let our Atlanta Chapter know about this (if they don't already know).

Dang!!! I'm gonna miss ya player. I'll be out of town with the family. But hey, have fun and enjoy the city!!!

Could someone provide more information concerning time/place, etc? I will pass the info on to other SWAC alums in the area.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Taken from SU's Atlanta Chapter website:

http://www.atl-sualum.com/events.html

ANNUAL SWAC PICNIC
Saturday August 6, 2005 1:00 P.M.
GRANT PARK

It's SWAC Picnic Time! Please join the alumni of the Southwestern Athletic Conference as we have an afternoon of fun and fellowship. There will be games, activities, and the infamous tug of war. This year each school is to show their own unique culinary skills by bringing their own picnic lunches. Barbecue Grills are provided by the park. We will still have that good old southern fried catfish for ya! See you there!

C-LeB28 said:
How was last year's attendence? Is the crowd dwindling by the year?
I really think that it's starting to pick up some steam. Last year was my second year going and it seems that more people was there, but I did arrive late my first year I went. And they did say that alot of people did leave, so...

All right. I'm going to need for everyone to have a sign or tee shirt with your "SWACPage" name on it. I dont want to be all country and hollar out "SWACPage" names in the middle of Karaoke.

Blacknbengal said:
All right. I'm going to need for everyone to have a sign or tee shirt with your "SWACPage" name on it. I dont want to be all country and hollar out "SWACPage" names in the middle of Karaoke.

Maybe I'll take my license plate off my car so you'll know who I am. :D

Does anyone know how the picnic turned out? I was in ATL over the weekend, but didn't know about the picnic until the day after.

Jag-Tig said:
Does anyone know how the picnic turned out? I was in ATL over the weekend, but didn't know about the picnic until the day after.

It was a nice event. In the beginning the attendance was somewhat low however about 45 minutes before it was scheduled to come to an end, there was at least 250 there.

TRANSLATION: CP Time

I didn't get back from out of town in time enough to check it out, but I heard it was pretty nice. I was told that SU, TxSU, JSU and AAMU had the biggest representation though.

Jazz said:
I didn't get back from out of town in time enough to check it out, but I heard it was pretty nice. I was told that SU, TxSU, JSU and AAMU had the biggest representation though.

DAG-NABBIT! WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE. I MUST MEET YOU CRAZY SWAC FOLK. :ebrow:

Back