Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms vetted for potential Biden VP pick

American politics is set up so nobody gets everything they want all at once.

You see how Trump doesn't have that border wall? Obamacare is still in tact too... and he had the House and Senate when he got elected.

I know.that, I was talking about our people and state of mind, at times, due to our history. You go for it all knowing as you stated, and not limit yourself from the start. Thinking otherwise has not served us well.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Say what you mean. Whats your point, that voter suppression shouldn't exist?

Voter suppression should most definitely not exist.

My issue is this idea that it would be a moral failure on the part of black people if they didn't work within a system that has actively worked against them at every turn instead of placing that burden on the system itself.

Black people shouldn't be required or expected to have to carry this burden and overcome all these hurdles just to participate in a process that's supposed to be accessed by everyone and be damned by their own if they are unwilling or unable to do so.

So we gotta pick between the racist or the senile?
We’re all screwed.

Not necessarily. Reagan was senile from roughly 1983 thru his tenure. His cabinet built from a network of years in politics basically ran that administration with Reagan as the figurehead. HW Bush, George Schultz and James Baker ran that admin (not cosigning their ideology).

Biden will have some heavy hitters in his cabinet. Remember, you're not voting for just a president and whatever domestic issues you want solved...you're voting for overall administrative competency. Dont get me wrong, what we want matters, but we definitely don't have any leverage with Trump's sorry ass

Keep in mind... Obama ain't walking through that door this go-around. This election year is about replacing possible 2 SCOTUS justices and setting up the VP for a run at 2024, and transitioning the party over to younger progressive leaders.

Dems winning the House in 2018 with young, fresh progressive blood needs to be built on. Sitting out over being unenthusiastic about Biden or voting Green Party/Libertarian/Write in out of spite in 2020 will destroy that momentum and flip the whole Supreme Court in the regressive's favor.

Political winds don't change in an instant but they are changing.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Reagan was senile from roughly 1983 thru his tenure. His cabinet built from a network of years in politics basically ran that administration with Reagan as the figurehead. HW Bush, George Schultz and James Baker ran that admin (not cosigning their ideology).

Biden will have some heavy hitters in his cabinet. Remember, you're not voting for just a president and whatever domestic issues you want solved...you're voting for overall administrative competency. Dont get me wrong, what we want matters, but we definitely don't have any leverage with Trump's sorry ass

How much leverage you think will be gained with the "vote blue no matter who" strategy? What's really to be gained now and in the long-term if your support is based solely on the other guy isn't Trump? There isn't much incentive to create change if a candidate knows they don't even have to work all that hard to get votes. I know Trump is a disaster and is no good for black people. But, we're setting ourselves up yet again to have the can of progress get kicked right down the road the again with Biden. He isn't gonna challenge or shake up anything. He's going to work real hard to get back to status quo.

And you do that by electing Joe Biden?

As much as he owes us? AND after all these protests?

HELL YEAH. You already know you have no leverage with Trump. Black folks have the most political power over the Democratic nominee since 1964!

You gotta realize where we are. The unicorn candidate aint coming until we grow a field of them at the state and congressional levels.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back