At the first lab-grown meat restaurant, you can eat a ‘cultured chicken’ sandwich

Olde Hornet

The main item on the menu, the Chicken Burger—a crispy cultured chicken fillet served on a brioche bun with toppings—looks and tastes like conventionally-produced chicken. “The burger has a juicy chicken flavor, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside,” says Ido Savir, CEO of the startup. “Feedback from multiple tasting panels was consistent that it was indistinguishable from conventionally manufactured chicken, and simply a great-tasting chicken burger.”

The company has spent three years developing a manufacturing process that can be scaled up. Like other companies in the cellular agriculture space, it’s been working to create the optimal conditions for cells taken from animals to grow without the animals themselves. “Our production platform is based on avian stem cells that possess the innate ability to multiply indefinitely, eliminating the need to go back to the animal to produce more meat, essentially removing animals from the equation,” says Savir.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Amerikkka is the devil
Well, that is the truth. But unfortunately it ain't just Amerikkka. The "bacon" experiment that I mention in my earlier post was conducted in Britain.

Now, I can see this "food" being created on the space station or on a trip to Mars or some other planet in the future. But, I shouldn't be able to buy this stuff in the Piggly Wiggly or Wal-Mart.

Back