ASU grad's shirt business fit her to a 'T'

Olde Hornet

Dean Vaughn (COBA Dean) always pushed students to be entrepreneurs. He is gone, but its good to see students taking the challenge.
bow.gif
clap.gif
bow.gif

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.co...ss-t-shirt-industry-one-direction/2018337002/

The accounting major said she's always had an entrepreneurial spirit. She once started a tie-dye shirt business and earned extra money by buying jewelry in bulk selling the pieces individually online.

And, when Green posted her "Harry Styles TatTee" on the e-commerce website Etsy, she figured she’d get a few orders and earn a little more pocket change.

Her TatTees turned out to be her most profitable endeavor. In the two years she sold them, she grossed $80,000 from boy-band fans from across the globe.

“I still don’t know to this day how it went viral but all of a sudden one day I got an order, then got another order a few minutes later and it just went on like that for months,” Green said, who now lives in Seattle, working in marketing and analytics for Microsoft. She ended up shipping the shirts as far away as Africa and the United Kingdom.

“I would literally do it all night and all through the day. I had gotten so behind on orders,” Green said about producing the shirts. “I literally did nothing else (during that summer) but it was fun for me.”

Back