As a Visiting Football Fan: .......?

Earle

As a visiting football fan:
1. Which SWAC opponent/facility/campus do you most look forward to and why?
2. Which SWAC opponent/facility/campus do you least look forward to and why?
3. Which SWAC facility/campus have you never visited?
4. Which MEAC opponent/facility/campus do you most/least look forward to competing against?

1. Jackson State because I enjoy beating them on their home field, seeing the sadness on their faces, and taking away any bragging rights they might dream of. The disappointment in the voices of their biased, arrogant game announcers is worth the price of admission. Also, the atmosphere is off the chain when SU visits.
2. MVSU because of the difficulty in getting there
3. Never visited the campuses of PV, Bama State, or TXSU, although I did visit Ladd-Peebles and Robertson stadiums back in the day
4. I have never sat foot on MEAC soil, although I have visited Tallahasse, Washington, D.C., and Baltimore. I look forward to the day we beat FAMU at Bragg. Would love to have played A&T, but its move to the Big South makes that matchup more unlikely.

Last edited:
1. Alcorn, they have a nice campus and i love the atmosphere.
2. Valley, thats why i haven't been there since 1990. It aint anything up there, straight country.
3. I've never been to Prairie View imma have to make that trip soon.
4. Florida A&M is our out of conference rivalry. I look forward to coming to there campus and talking smack to them.

1. Love going to Baton Rogue, great environment for a game, good tailgating and the chance to come away with a win.
2. TSU no one is ever at the game. If you can get 2,000 that’s a good day.
3. Never been to AAMU.
4. Never wanted to go to one other than FAMU since my son went there.

1) Jackson State (close second Alcorn)
2) MVSU
3) MVSU, UAPB & AAMU
4) FAMU (Most), No one else really matters to me since A&T is leaving. I did go to the BCU/SU game in Jacksonville back in the day though.

Last edited:
Let me preface this by saying that I have a love hate relationship with BBVA stadium.

1. Txsu because PV always wins there. I like going to SU as well because I view it as a trip to New Orleans. I usually spend Thursday-Sunday down there because gives me a chance to catch up with my family in SW Louisiana and friends from when I lived in LA.

2. Txsu also because that stadium is way too hot. I've been to games in Jackson and I didn't particularly like them. Mississippi has a vibe that makes me uncomfortable.

3. Valley

4. Recently we always seem to play the MEAC schools at neutral sites (A&T in LA, Central in Atlanta, BCU in Orlando) . I probably wouldn't mind a trip to DC though.

1. Jackson/Alcorn are our best two home/away rivalries in the SWAC.
2. Valley even though I’ve been there at least three or four times.
3. Only haven’t been to the new Bama State facility. Have been to a game when they played in the other stadium.
4. I’d like to play most of the MEAC schools in a home/away so I can visit their campuses. Been to Howard and Delaware State. Would like to see the rest.

Last edited:
1. Valley or Southern. Two wonderful atmospheres when JSU is visiting. Valley is a good time for me because I am from the Delta and I just enjoy being able to interact with the people. A lot of them that I know. Southern is a lot of Smack talking and very intense. I love it.

2. Texas Southern is the Sacrificial Lamb here.. lol

3. Unfortunately. Its Sad to say but I've never visited AAMU campus or UAPB. Every time I made plans something always came up.

4. I've only been to three MEAC Campuses. FAMU, Howard, and Morgan State. Actually, went to Morgan State HC a few years ago. But FAMU is one I would definitely look forward to. I know a lot of FAMU Alums. Great School and atmosphere.

1. JSU- I like the atmosphere (A lot of friends and family graduated from there, so that makes it even better when Grambling spanks that ass)
2. Alcorn - Another great atmosphere nice campus and stadium. Also, I have family and friends that graduated from there.
3. AAMU- Great tailgating (The bruhz have a nice setup) The game is usually boring.
4. I've been to a few MEAC games, FAMU/BCU, Morgan St., Howard. Will be glad when Grambling plays these schools again.

1. Alcorn Easy to get to. One road from Baton Rouge to lorman. Nice overall atmosphere. 2. Jackson state. Another easy trip. Great atmosphere, bands. What else can you ask for. 3. PVAM. Beautiful campus. Clean and very well maintained. Nice new stadium. AAMU is my least favorite to visit. I love the stadium but the drive is forever and there wasn’t much fan support from either side. Never been to Uapb, grambling or Alabama state new stadium. Went to FAMU for the first time this year. Beside the game result I hade a blast. Trash talking all game long. Sit right next to FAMU band mix in between a host of jaguars and rattlers fans. The stadium is is out dated but the atmosphere was off the hook.

1. Jackson State. Love the stadium and how it's in the middle of everything. There's plenty of stuff to do before & after the game. Hate that the Cabot Lodge at Millsaps College got shut down because it was right next to the stadium & it was my favorite place to stay while in the city.

2. Texas Southern mainly because of the fact that the school doesn't really care for football & as a Valley fan, I feel like an 8 hour drive there and back isn't worth it.

3. Never been to Bama A&M, Gram, Southern, PV A&M & Texas Southern. Valleys losing streak has pretty much kept me from wanting to travel to away games. Would rather keep that money in the state & do something else with it. I only care for in state games.

4a. As an Iota and a Valley supporter, I would have to say Morgan State as the main school I want to see on our schedule.
4b. Would have to say FAMU because of their dominance and the fact that they're known for scheduling SWAC schools in multiple sports.

As a visiting football fan:
1. Which SWAC opponent/facility/campus do you most look forward to and why?

Jackson State because I love telling them to go home in their "own" stadium. Seeing them start the game with hope and then dashing those hopes each time is a thing to see. lol

2. Which SWAC opponent/facility/campus do you least look forward to and why?

Alabama A&M, I absolutely hate traveling way out there.

3. Which SWAC facility/campus have you never visited?

PV and Bama State

4. Which MEAC opponent/facility/campus do you most/least look forward to competing against?

Most

Norfolk to finally settle the band debate

North Carolina A&T to wrestle away the HBCU Championship title away from them

FAMU because I can't stand those snakes

Least
Morgan State and Delaware State, I have no desire to see us play them. lol

Back