Artest hopes to be back for NBA playoffs

Blacknbengal

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Ron Artest said Monday night that he hopes to be back in an Indiana Pacers uniform for the playoffs despite being suspended for the rest of the season for his role in a brawl with Detroit Pistons fans.

"I have so much confidence in my squad and I have confidence I'll be back," Artest said on local radio station WHHH. "I'm out for the season, but I'm hoping to be back for the playoffs."

NBA commissioner David Stern suspended Artest for the season Sunday after Artest fought with fans on Friday night in Detroit. He bolted to the stands after being hit by a cup thrown by a fan, touching off a melee that included players exchanging punches with fans.

Stephen Jackson was suspended for 30 games and Jermaine O'Neal got 25 games for their roles.

The NBA Players' Association is appealing the suspensions.

Read story

That idiot is on the Today show this morning --- doesnt he have a lawyer????
:(

He should not be talking to the press - all of this WILL BE USED IN COURT against him. :nod2:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Olde Hornet said:
That idiot

And there you have it folks!!!!!! on a side note on ESPN they did a story on "That Idiot" from his highschool days through St.John's and on to the NBA. This kid has always had anger management issues. This dude is completely S.O.S. that is STUCK ON STUPID.

Man this fool is on NBC promoting a Cd .....and he's rambling......WTF....this dude really needs help......seroiusly(thanks MH) on ABC they're interviewing the guy(with the Pistons jersey on and beige cap) in the stands that was pulling Artest off the other white guy. He turns out he has a criminal record also. John Green is his name

Back