Argument over Alabama vs. Texas A&M game leads to deadly shooting at Bessemer home

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
But the young Black kids from barely teens to Adults here in Birmingham, when referring to Alabama say, "WE Won" or WE lost or WE don't play this weekend!" FACTS!!
Mace,
If this was the 60's I could see your point based on the makeup of those teams. Simple question, not looking for a debate, simply looking for understanding. Are you indicating that black kids and adults should not be Bama fans? If so, what is your logic in 2021?

Mace,
If this was the 60's I could see your point based on the makeup of those teams. Simple question, not looking for a debate, simply looking for understanding. Are you indicating that black kids and adults should not be Bama fans? If so, what is your logic in 2021?

Majority of black fans in Alabama didn't become fans until Saban came to town.

I know. But, the severity of this fuckery didn't start until they started winning those championships.
Is it blacks should not be associated with a winner or blacks should not be Bama fans? What is your logic? Again, I am not looking for a debate, simply an understanding.

Is it blacks should not be associated with a winner or blacks should not be Bama fans? What is your logic? Again, I am not looking for a debate, simply an understanding.

My issue is black people taking that to this shyt to the extreme. This is like the third black person being killed over an argument about Alabama football.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Mace,
The point is and was not that Blacks should not admire, like or consider themselves fans of that insitution! It did seem that for a moment you were implying that I am not looking at the fact that we do live in a pluralist society and should be able to seamlessly navigate in it. I fully embrace this idea and yes over the years things have certainly changed but as you know somethings also remain the same. When I heard that jobless young Adult from the neighborhood utter the words "We Won/We Lost" I had to check myself and not immediately ask..."Who is We?" LOL! I immediately thought about the words in a speech that a well know iconic figure from the Sixties uttered about a Slave and his master. When the master got sick it was "Are We sick?" It just strikes me that the relationship of a large number of Black ppl to UA football is more than "like" but is truly "Love!" I once saw a lady with her 5-6 year old child decked out from head to his shoes in Crimson with the little "A" on it in the neighborhood in the middle of the week. That was Love! Also, on the back wall of a Barbershop where I go there are large poster photographs of ladies and men haircuts. One features a young guy with a low haircut and the Alabama "A" parted on the side of his head! LOL! These are just a couple examples of things that I randomly observed in 2021 that indicates to me that something isn't quite right when our people Love other groups or Institutions more than we Love our own.

The point is and was not that Blacks should not admire, like or consider themselves fans of that insitution! It did seem that for a moment you were implying that I am not looking at the fact that we do live in a pluralist society and should be able to seamlessly navigate in it. I fully embrace this idea and yes over the years things have certainly changed but as you know somethings also remain the same. When I heard that jobless young Adult from the neighborhood utter the words "We Won/We Lost" I had to check myself and not immediately ask..."Who is We?" LOL! I immediately thought about the words in a speech that a well know iconic figure from the Sixties uttered about a Slave and his master. When the master got sick it was "Are We sick?" It just strikes me that the relationship of a large number of Black ppl to UA football is more than "like" but is truly "Love!" I once saw a lady with her 5-6 year old child decked out from head to his shoes in Crimson with the little "A" on it in the neighborhood in the middle of the week. That was Love! Also, on the back wall of a Barbershop where I go there are large poster photographs of ladies and men haircuts. One features a young guy with a low haircut and the Alabama "A" parted on the side of his head! LOL! These are just a couple examples of things that I randomly observed in 2021 that indicates to me that something isn't quite right when our people Love other groups or Institutions more than we Love our own.
Gotcha!

Back