Are you letting your child play sports this fall?

CEE DOG

I ask because yesterday I passed by this elementary school out in the county where I live and I saw a bunch of kids and coaches out on the football field getting ready for little league football. I didn't know they were going to play this fall.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Before Covid-19, my 13 year old's basketball team had just finished their season. He was doing off season workouts while preparing to play for a traveling baseball team. Around May, baseball teams in the area along with the team he was about to play for starting practicing and scrimmaging. My son is usually nonchalant about things and will usually go with the flow but he absolutely wanted no parts of baseball. He asked a lot of questions about social distancing and the answers he received did not convince him to change his mind.

Ironically, in June he felt comfortable in working out with his teammates and doing more off season conditioning for basketball. They wear masks, do their drills, take temperature before practice, etc etc. There have been no problems. I don't know when they will start playing games or scrimmaging. I'm good with this for now. My wife got her Master's in Public Health. She is probably the most health conscious woman I know. Usually when she had a reservation about something pertaining health, I follow her lead because I trust her judgment. For whatever reason, she was okay with our son playing basketball. (shrugging shoulders)

I know of people in other states whose sons are playing baseball right now in competitive games. I know of no issues with them.

My daughter never really stopped playing travel softball... we have played in tournaments all over the South for the past 2 months. My son is playing travel basketball in Hoover this weekend at a big tournament.... and he has been working out with football for the past month. ..... its risky... but I let them decide what they want to do.

I ask because yesterday I passed by this elementary school out in the county where I live and I saw a bunch of kids and coaches out on the football field getting ready for little league football. I didn't know they were going to play this fall.
you must stay close to me lol

but just for context, 3 of my kids have sickle cell and one has trait, so we are high risk. we know better and we'll do the best we can.
giphy.gif

My 10th grader skipped aau basketball this summer and not sure if he doing basketball at school this winter, they doing virtual school until the end of September

We shut down softball season once schools closed. The rec league restarted once Kay Ivy opened up bama. Our team played with 6-7 players traveling all over north Alabama into Tennessee looking for games. Shit just wasn't that deep for 8U softball for me. Plus my Mother lives with us so I take extra precautions for her health.

My son is going in to his senior year for football and is the team captain. In my heart I know he will be recruited and I just don’t want to take this memory away from him. It’s so damn hard. I don’t want a season until all this clears up and I have emphasized that on the page. Yet, I want my son to have that memory.

They are playing all in Texas as I type youth wise - not worried about the players more worried about the parents as no social distancing is occurring cause some places in hoops have no bleachers so they bring their own chairs

Yep, I guess. Club season starts Sept 5th. Not sure what they'll do for the sidelines...........everybody sit 6ft apart with masks I guess??

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Nah, my boy was supposed to play soccer for the first time. I can’t do that when my school isn’t coming back until September, if then.

One of my close friends daughter plays club soccer. She explained to me the safety procedures in place. From mask to distancing. Makes sense to me now.

Back