Are SWAC schools going to push hard to get their fare share of the Brazilian students

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
http://www.state.gov/p/wha/rls/fs/2011/158610.htm

Linkages between Historically Black Colleges and Brazilian Universities: The United States and Brazil agreed to promote exchanges between U.S. Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Brazilian universities, in support of the U.S.-Brazil Joint Action Plan on Racial Equality. A Brazilian delegation of university leaders will attend the annual HBCU conference in Washington, D.C., in September 2011 with the goal of exchanging ideas about how to expand education opportunities to historically marginalized groups in both countries.

They are funding 100k students to study abroad. There is a big interest in having Afro-Brazilians attend American HBCU's. A delegation of HBCU Presidents went to visit the country earlier this year and there is currently a delegation of Brazilian Education officials visiting American HBCU's. We need to make sure we don't let the East Coast schools steal all of them.

Re: Are SWAC schools going to push hard to get their fare share of the Brazilian stud

I think that is a good idea but one of the main steps that need to be done is find out what the interests of these Brazilian students and implement them in our perspective universities!

Re: Are SWAC schools going to push hard to get their fare share of the Brazilian stud

Grambling had a partnership with one of the Caribbean countries I heard on Monday that allowed their students to attend with in-state tuition but Jindal's crew killed it.

Grambling had a partnership with one of the Caribbean countries I heard on Monday that allowed their students to attend with in-state tuition but Jindal's crew killed it.

GSU has a foreign exchange program with Mexico. GSU now has a lot of Hispanics students there.

Last edited by a moderator:

If they go after the older chicks 30-45 I will teach for free. Skilled services are always needed..... A lil American help. Just saying.....

Back