Are HBCUs Doing Anything in Observance of 911?

I know JSU is. They had some students who visted Ground Zero in the Spring as part of a class trip and they are going to be sharing their experiences. I read about it in the C-L online about a week ago. I'll check to see if I can find the article.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I dont think our school did anything officially to observe 9/11. I know some students had a prayer in front of a dormitory, but yeasterday was a regular day like any other over here and I think more could have been done to honor the people that died protecting our frredom.

not suprised.

While at Tuskegee, it woe jack-ish dat we did for NOTHIN,,, except maybe a quick Booker T. observance. Other than that, it was business as usual like a MUG. Dido that for A&T,, except for maybe a quick McNair observance.

I remember one time we had a freak snow storm and pipes burst in the Engineering build ruining much of the lab equipment, lost electricity in some buildings, etc. We STILL had classes and were responsible for any classes that were held. Then one spring there was a tornado (although it wasn't a direct hit, there were lots of downed trees and damage in the region.),,, again, business as usual.

Back