Are HBCU games more about sports or socializing?

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Are the majority of fans at an HBCU game there to root on the respective football team as rabbit football fans, or are HBCU games more about getting together to socialize?

Nice Topic

In all honesty...If we looked at games % wise...there would be equal numbers of football fans, as there are socialites at our games as there are at PWC games. I have been to some SEC, Conf USA,and ACC football games...and there are alot of people cheering and rooting the team on....but there are also a number of people who are there simply because that is just the place to be.

Only difference is they don't all leave after halftime..LOL!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Nice Topic

Originally posted by Suge
In all honesty...If we looked at games % wise...there would be equal numbers of football fans, as there are socialites at our games as there are at PWC games. I have been to some SEC, Conf USA,and ACC football games...and there are alot of people cheering and rooting the team on....but there are also a number of people who are there simply because that is just the place to be.

Exactly, Nupe!
Which is also why our games are not successful in inclimate weather; because the socialites won't come out...the white people don't care cause they ain't spend $60 to get they hair done for the game!
:D :D

Suge, Kap, LOL! excellent points.

I was thinking that it's more of a socializing thing at HBCU games, but I think there are two points yall raise which ARE what make a huge difference:

and,,,,

Which is also why our games are not successful in inclimate weather; because the socialites won't come out

Funny as lleh points!

WHY DO WE LEAVE AFTER HALFTIME?! IT'S LIKE CLOCK WORK!:D

And you know mugz ain't coming out in inclimate weather BECAUSE THAT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF LOOKING GOOD, WEARING ALL THE FRESH GEAR,, ETC!!:p

I mean,,, I have never seen a bunch of brothas at Tuskegee without shirts on, with "TUSKEGEE" spelled out in gold on dey chest,, during one of those 38 degree, drizzling rain games! Ain't gonna happen!

Back