Are "friends with benefits" entitled to benefits-birthday gifts, X-mas gif

LoyalTigress

Lovejones
Are friends with benefits entitled to gifts throughout the year? OR Should that be left alone to prevent expectations or disappointments down the road? One of my closest friends has been involved with a guy for the past 2 years. She and the guy are both in other relationships but refuse to leave each other alone and tend to their relationships 100% AND they refuse to break up just so they can be with each other. CRAZY huh, but it happens. Anyway, she got mad at him for not getting her a birthday gift, when she buys him gifts year round. (Fathers day, birthday, Christmas, etc) So what's your take on buying gifts for "friends with benefits"

Re: Are "friends with benefits" entitled to benefits-birthday gifts, X-mas

LoyalTigress said:
Are friends with benefits entitled to gifts throughout the year? OR Should that be left alone to prevent expectations or disappointments down the road? One of my closest friends has been involved with a guy for the past 2 years. She and the guy are both in other relationships but refuse to leave each other alone and tend to their relationships 100% AND they refuse to break up just so they can be with each other. CRAZY huh, but it happens. Anyway, she got mad at him for not getting her a birthday gift, when she buys him gifts year round. (Fathers day, birthday, Christmas, etc) So what's your take on buying gifts for "friends with benefits"

:read:

Is either married?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Why by her something when I'm the gift that keeps giving. What more could a woman ask for? :lol: I guess it really depends on the relationship.

SLT said:
:read:

Is either married?

No neither is married, however, he is a father for child from a previous relationship in college.

CEE DOG said:
Why by her something when I'm the gift that keeps giving. What more could a woman ask for? :lol: I guess it really depends on the relationship.

You silly.... "you being the gift that keeps on giving" :emlaugh:

Friends with benefits? Nah she's a cut buddy. If she sees that he isn't going to buy her anything then she shouldn't buy him things unless its on her heart to do so. You don't buy gifts because you expect something in return, you buy them because it makes you feel good to do it. I think one of the benefits of those arrangements is there are no strings attached. There's no going out, buying gifts, all that other good stuff. If she wants all that affection then she needs to get it from her man. Sounds like she might actually be falling for ole boy.

well, it really depends on the two individuals...I don't believe there should be a rule behind it. If she's buying ole boy gifts all the time and he's not returning the gesture, then maybe she needs to stop buying him schitt. Seems pretty selfish to me...unless he's just not that into her. **shrugs shoulders**

I don't see a problem with friends with benefits buying each other gifts....going out....etc.

No hard and fast rule for me. Every relationship is different so I go with the flow. If he seems to be an abundant giver, I will be also. But I'm not pouting if I don't get and he shouldn't if I don't give. But after a few years, if you haven't progressed to the point where you WANT to give a gift...maybe you should keep on looking. Just my $5.90.

Man they just fugg buddies...yes they are entitled to gifts.

Gift 1
Who pays for the hotel room.

Gift 2
I brought another woman for a threesome

Gift 3
Don't you ask me where I'm going, where I been, and who I been with.

Gift 4
So what if we are in the parking lot, bend over.

Gift 5
Act like you know and stop frontin.

More gifts to come.....See my point is if you just have a physical relationship. Keep it that way.

I have friends who are just the opposite, they don't give anything and they seem to get along just great.

are you ready to break it off?

chocalate_topaz said:
No hard and fast rule for me. Every relationship is different so I go with the flow. If he seems to be an abundant giver, I will be also. But I'm not pouting if I don't get and he shouldn't if I don't give. But after a few years, if you haven't progressed to the point where you WANT to give a gift...maybe you should keep on looking. Just my $5.90.

If I send you a rose, would you send me a dozen or six?

Nothing

Nada

friends with benefits get nothing but the ........

you start giving her gifts, then she starts thinking that you are getting soft and falling in love.

It is what it is.

"Why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free?"

MightyDog said:
If I send you a rose, would you send me a dozen or six?

Neither. I would give you a Thank You card.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Break it off with him and stop doing tit-for-tat.

Give from your heart or don't give at all.

J4J said:
Break it off with him and stop doing tit-for-tat.

Give from your heart or don't give at all.

Or better yet----:idea: STOP giving yourself to someone who doesn't see the value in you and doesn't meet you halfway in whatever kind of relationship you have!

But if you 'gon have a friend with benefits, still get an understanding of your expectations in the relationship in the beginning. That way, if he/she doesn't give you anything (gifts), there won't be any hurt feelings, because you know the deal and you accept that.

And what's so beneficial about it if you come away with negative feelings? :xeye:

Friends with Benefits = Fugg Buddies

When feelings get involved...it's a relationship.

SLT said:
And what's so beneficial about it if you come away with negative feelings? :xeye:

FEELINGS is the operative word. Everybody don't know how to separate sex from feelings.

See this story is really why I have three hits and you’re out rule. After the third time someone always catches feelings. Just keep it moving and come back after six months or so and do three and out again.

CEE DOG said:
See this story is really why I have three hits and you?re out rule. After the third time someone always catches feelings. Just keep it moving and come back after six months or so and do three and out again.

One of these days, some woman is 'gon BREAK you on down!

CriTAUcal said:
Or better yet----:idea: STOP giving yourself to someone who doesn't see the value in you and doesn't meet you halfway in whatever kind of relationship you have! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

But if you 'gon have a friend with benefits, still get an understanding of your expectations in the relationship in the beginning. That way, if he/she doesn't give you anything (gifts), there won't be any hurt feelings, because you know the deal and you accept that.

I HEAR YOU!

CriTAUcal said:
Everybody don't know how to separate sex from feelings.

Exactly. It doesn't make them a bad person, just means they need to avoid situations like fugg buddies and stick to relationships.

CriTAUcal said:
One of these days, some woman is 'gon BREAK you on down!
When that happens all you can do is pack up and keep moving. Everyone who has ever played the game of love has had his or her heart broken at least once. My motto is never love someone more than you love yourself. I might love you equally, but never will I allow you to be my sole purpose in life. Humans will fail you so love them for what they are worth and never take it personal.

Back