Archie Manning: 2014 Saints may be the best in franchise history

I agree. We lost to the Superbowl Champions AT THEIR HOME with basic mistakes. Yet the Great White Hope Peyton Manning got dusted. Now this was with a new defensive coordinator and a coach back from a year long suspension...now just think what they could do working together an entire off season....

That's ok...THE SAINTS will show you in a month.

Not to mention that we've upgraded at the safety and CB positions. Plus we have a young explosive WR coming on the team. Some say he can be as good as Desean Jackson.

Last edited:
Not to mention that we've upgraded at the safety and CB positions. Plus we have a young explosive WR coming on the team. Some say he can be as good as Desean Jackson.

I think our defense will be faster also... I also feel the issues of the "old" players really hurt. Folks seem to forget Jimmy Graham had some ankle injuries the stopped his full productivity, Sproles had knee problems and was not explosive as he was when he first came to the Saints, our RBs began to step up, and out OL allowed Brees to be rushed too much.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think our defense will be faster also... I also feel the issues of the "old" players really hurt. Folks seem to forget Jimmy Graham had some ankle injuries the stopped his full productivity, Sproles had knee problems and was not explosive as he was when he first came to the Saints, our RBs began to step up, and out OL allowed Brees to be rushed too much.

Yep.

Yeah, I think Cooks is the real deal. While watching some of Cooks highlights at Oregon St., I noticed their quarterback was not the most accurate passer in college football. With a couple of his passes, I was wondering who the kid was trying to throw the ball to. But Cooks still may a play on the ball and came up with the catch. Now Cooks has the luxury of having Drew Brees arguably one of the most accurate passers in football history throwing to him. He should do some great things like you said. But I’m interest in WR Brandon Coleman out of Rutgers. Playing WR at 6’6â€￾ will cause a few match-up problems. He is an undrafted rookie, so he has to have some glaring weaknesses not to get drafted at all. However, the Saints have proven many times they can find undrafted talent when everybody else thinks talent is not there. Wide receiver is a crowded position for the Saints as usual and Coleman is going to have a fight just to make the team but that big frame is definitely going to give him an edge.

I have to admit, I’m a little worried at center, but the Saints always find a way to make it work. I hope Tim Lelito is up for the challenge because I don’t think Goodwin is a long term solution. But Saints did not even draft a center so they must think Lelito can do the job.

Yeah, I think Cooks is the real deal. While watching some of Cooks highlights at Oregon St., I noticed their quarterback was not the most accurate passer in college football. With a couple of his passes, I was wondering who the kid was trying to throw the ball to. But Cooks still may a play on the ball and came up with the catch. Now Cooks has the luxury of having Drew Brees arguably one of the most accurate passers in football history throwing to him. He should do some great things like you said. But I’m interest in WR Brandon Coleman out of Rutgers. Playing WR at 6’6” will cause a few match-up problems. He is an undrafted rookie, so he has to have some glaring weaknesses not to get drafted at all. However, the Saints have proven many times they can find undrafted talent when everybody else thinks talent is not there. Wide receiver is a crowded position for the Saints as usual and Coleman is going to have a fight just to make the team but that big frame is definitely going to give him an edge.
I do not know if Coleman makes the team at this point Charles Hawkins makes the team as the last wideout if things continue as they did at mini camp during training camp.

I do not know if Coleman makes the team at this point Charles Hawkins makes the team as the last wideout if things continue as they did at mini camp during training camp.

Well you know things can change when they start the real hitting. Coleman could be just big and that’s it. He had to have not gotten drafted for a reason. My heart hopes it goes the way you said for the former Jaguar, but my head sees competition as being steep at wide receiver. Both may not make the team.

Locks are: Colston, Stills, and Coleman

On the Bubble: Meachem, Morgan, Toon, Tanner, Hawkins, Coleman,

Hawkins is better than Tanner straight-up right now, but beating out Toon, Meachem, or Morgan is a tall order especially if they only keep 5 WR. He’s going to have to be a beast on special team which I think he knows that. I heard him on an interview, I think he will play on the line if he thinks it will help him make this team. Payton like players like that. I’m guessing Coleman won’t be much help on special team so there’s where Hawkins has the edge. But I see practice squad easily, if he wants that. I think Toon, Tanner, and Morgan can’t be on the practice squad anymore.

Well you know things can change when they start the real hitting. Coleman could be just big and that’s it. He had to have not gotten drafted for a reason. My heart hopes it goes the way you said for the former Jaguar, but my head sees competition as being steep at wide receiver. Both may not make the team.

Hawkins is better than Tanner straight-up right now, but beating out Toon, Meachem, or Morgan is a tall order especially if they only keep 5 WR. He’s going to have to be a beast on special team which I think he knows that. I heard him on an interview, I think he will play on the line if he thinks it will help him make this team. Payton like players like that. I’m guessing Coleman won’t be much help on special team so there’s where Hawkins has the edge. But I see practice squad easily, if he wants that. I think Toon, Tanner, and Morgan can’t be on the practice squad anymore.

I agree.

With the way Sean Payton thinks he'd line up a WR as fullback....:lol: I'm not as concerned about the offense as I am the defense.

With the way Sean Payton thinks he'd line up a WR as fullback....:lol: I'm not as concerned about the offense as I am the defense.

I'm not worried about the defense. We had a top 4 pass rush, top 4 overall defense, and we've added more pass rushers plus ball hawks.

Back