Anyone see The Sopranos last night?

HBO IS THE BEST

The argument scene between Carmella and Tony deserves an Oscar alone!!!

I wanted someone to get whacked last night though. Sopranos is fine programming!!!

Re: HBO IS THE BEST

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE

I wanted someone to get whacked last night though. Sopranos is fine programming!!!
My sentiments exactly. I sholl wish someobody got whacked last night.

Re: HBO IS THE BEST

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE

Yeah the scene with Tony and Carmella was prettu good acting. Carmella had all she could take. Don't know if it would get an Oscar since its on TV, but it should get an Emmy. :D

The two brothas got killed last night - that pretty much came out of the blue. Tony didn't want to take any chances on them two talking. But yeah, I just knew they were going to take Carmine off da set.

Originally posted by CEE DOG
I thought Toney was going to get whacked at first. :cool:
No way they whack Toney.

I was wondering if they were gonna kill the two brothas, but I didn't expect it to happen so fast. They had that money all of 30 seconds and BAM!!!! DEAD.

That lawyer is brave, too.

Yea...I thought someone was gonna start blasting from that boat. And I thought the broad that called Carmella was gonna get whacked. And I thought the dude dancing around with Tony's sister at Uncle Junior's house was gonna get whacked. At first I thought Uncle Junior was really going crazy...but he was just acting crazy.

I wonder how the last season of Oz is going to be. I hope some of those people ACTUALLY get paroled and they don't end up killing everyone. I hope Kareem Said gets out. I have a feeling he will be dealt with like Malcolm X.

It is the end of the season. Not the end of the series.

My thoughts were that the russian winch who called Carmella should have been found and handled.

The lawyer is gonna get his. He is already scared, but he is hoping for the best.

I am disappointed they didn't let Carmine get popped.

Tony went out like a beyotch sleeping on the floor. All that money and too proud to get a hotel room.

I am a Sopranos addict TOO!

The entire season was GREAT! I love OZ too and can't wait for the new season to start.

Do you think Carmela and Tony will reconcile? I think so. She's gonna take him back, I think she just needed to "do something" after years of being silent about the other women. Tony told her right she knew dayum well when she married him that having a woman on the outside was a part of their culture, so why go crazy NOW after 20 years and 1,000 of goomahs.

I laughed so hard from the moment I saw the guys anchor The Stugot in front of the lawyers house!!!! And the tape of an old Dean Martin show was priceless. Funny you guys seem to think he was brave, I thought he was stupid and an azzhole.

And y'all all whining about nobody got whacked? What about the two black dudes, those little crazy diegos whacked the hell out of them. I was glad too because one of them was telling the other not to tell Karmeshia because she would be trying to get him to pay his child support. Tsk, tsk, tsk, I sure hope Bonquisheisa dem got insurance policies for the kids on those niccas! Who needed to get whacked was Johnny. He is slime. YUCK!

Hey what about ole Janice, worming her way right into Bobby Bacala's life. High five to the shameless hussy!

They start filiming in February so we will have to wait until next fall to check them out.

HBO is the best. In addition to the Sopranos and Oz, I watch Six Feet Under and Sex and the City. I stopped watching Arliss faithfully, but the reruns. Arliss has the best characters ever.

Since were talking about HBO shows...

has anyone seen that show "Mind of the Married Man". I haven't yet, but am curious as hell to do so. :uhoh:

Nope, ain't seen it!

and I haven't seen Curb Your Enthusiasm either, but I have friends who say it is hilarious. I had to draw the line on Six Feet Under adding to my TV line up. I can only watch so much with working and rearing Superstar. I also watch Alias and The Practice on Sunday ABC and on Wednesday I watch West Wing. I will tape those shows and the HBO shows if I THINK I might miss them.

I don't know anyone who watches Mind of the Married Man.

Bryant Gumbel's show Inside Sports or whatever it's called is pretty damn good also. They did a show on this black girl that played ball for Virginia Tech I think. She lost her arms and legs but still refused to give up. She worked hard and she is walking on her own again. It was enough to make a grown azz gangsta facing 5 life sentences to shed a tear.

NN

Maurstad: Maybe the single most haunting moment of this season was Carmela in the kitchen at the sink; she looks up and sees Tony's image in the window, like a ghost. In a way, he is. Along with the psychological violence, the theme of this show was "The Problems with Men." Again and again we saw husbands acting in hurtful, hateful ways within their relationships. There was Alan, the cocksure attorney who puts his ego first. He spends the show dismissing his wife and ignoring her feelings. There was that priceless look of revulsion she gives him when he brushes aside Tony's marital woes. She finally blows up, in the show's closing scene, letting him know that it's not the gangsters ruining their lives, it's him. And it's a brilliant little stroke that as the two homeboy-assassins are being shot up, one was telling the other "Don't say jack to Kaisha about this [money] or she'll be haunting my [expletive] for that child-support." And, of course, Tony provided an object lesson in guilt-driven defensiveness ? throwing out past wrongs Carmela had committed, bringing up high school boyfriends, anything to keep from standing still with what he had done. I can't wait for next year. And I don't care who gets whacked.

HBO is tops when it comes to entertaining shows. I watch Sopranos, Oz, Six Feet Under, Arliss, Sex in the City. I usually catch Arliss and Sex reruns, though. I saw an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm and it was downright hilarious. The star's parent died, and the rest of his family decided not to tell him, because they didn't wanna bother him. Can you imagine that. That show had me rolling. He started using the death as an excuse to get out of work and meetings he didn't wanna attend, just because he could and not because he was actually in mourning.

Re: Nope, ain't seen it!

Originally posted by Seeing Spots
and I haven't seen Curb Your Enthusiasm either, but I have friends who say it is hilarious.
I don't know anyone who watches Mind of the Married Man.

Curb your Enthusiasm is FUNNY! As far as The Mind Of the Married Man........sometimes dude is too dayum honest for his own good. :D

Carmella is gonna get Furio's arse wacked. He better stay in the old country. lol.

Contrary to public opinion, Im' glad she didnt' sleep with him. Carmella was the ONLY thing in Tony's life that was GENUINE and not FLUCKED UP. That would have sent him over the edge completely.

His kids.....BRATS
His crew....SNAKES IN THE GRASS
His Lifestyle....DANGEROUS AND UNCERTAIN
His mental state....IN DIRE NEED TO CONTINUE THERAPY

Carmella was down with him REGARDLESS. All she wanted was Tony's attention and support regarding her goals. Where they go from here will be interesting.

Originally posted by BIFF
Carmella is gonna get Furio's arse wacked. He better stay in the old country. lol.

Contrary to public opinion, Im' glad she didnt' sleep with him. Carmella was the ONLY thing in Tony's life that was GENUINE and not FLUCKED UP. That would have sent him over the edge completely.
I'm guessing Furio sleeps with the fishes next season.

Ralphie send help.:(

Originally posted by CEE DOG
I thought Toney was going to get whacked at first. :cool:

Now come on Cee, without Toney we wouldnt' even have a series. If it were the LAST AND FINAL episode .......strong possibility.

I have to give HBO it's props. The last episode of the Soprano's was cool, though it let me down somewhat, because of the build up, nonetheless it was cool. However, I don't know why they put in the extra 15 minutes, that show could've been done in an hour, and still had the same affect.

I thought Chris would go after those Puerto Ricans who got him for his Range, his money, and the arse whipping they gave him. Maybe next season. Also, I'm anxious to see what will become of Tony, and John next season, especially the way John played Paulie.

I've seen one episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm", and it was funny as hell. I'll have to add that one to my lineup for next year.

I'm not an Oz fan, because I don't get into prison shows. I guess with so many of my friends, and family spending time in the big house, and after hearing their stories, I can't find the entertainment value in them.

After missing the first few episodes of "The Wire", I saw one espisode, and became hooked. I don't know where HBO finds their writers, but they do a helluva job of putting together a strong lineup, with quality shows from seemingly all walks of life, that are very entertaining, and thought provoking.

NICE

I was looking at this post because I found time to binge. When this sitcom was first out back in the day, I only watched bits and pieces (an episode here and an episode there). With spare time on my hands due to this ongoing pandemic and working from home, I decided to watch episodes that I've missed.

......Anyhow, what I am really tripping about is that I remember when most of the peeps who posted in this thread were very active. I still see some on FB or on other social media outlets but man those names.... RIP @Robber @CEE DOG you an OG for real in this peace...LOL

Last edited:
Back