Anyone ever replace a Prius hybrid battery

pvdogteam

Who ya rootin' for? PVU
My son's battery just went out, they want $2600. I found some places that do batteries only, are they any good?

My son's battery just went out, they want $2600. I found some places that do batteries only, are they any good?
Will it affect vehicle warranty? That is one of the drawbacks to hybrid/electric vehicles...the cost to replace the batteries. How long did they last is the question I have? Does the battery life offset the savings on gas?

The car is 8 years old, my son found a place that does batteries only and the battery with install will be $1095. Not sure on the fuel savings, he's getting about 51 mpg in the car.

This what I want to know about hybrid and electric vehicles - what is the cost of replacement batteries. Do you have to get "official" batteries or are other batteries acceptable.

Please post what you find out.

This what I want to know about hybrid and electric vehicles - what is the cost of replacement batteries. Do you have to get "official" batteries or are other batteries acceptable.

Please post what you find out.

My son beat me and found a replacement for half the price of the initial $2600 quote he got, I'm in Utah so I will find out when I get back

Back