Anybody Watch the "Bobby Debarge" Movie?

The Founder

It was really good. What made it entertaining was the fact that 95% of the cast resembled the real the people. Big Boi from Outkast was in it as well.

Yep....

I did not think it was a good movie. Not that the acting was that bad, I mean it kinda was but....scene after scene the viewer kept seeing abuse after abuse and that was too much for me.

Of course If you watched the Unsung Documentaries on Switch or Debarge or if you were a fan, you already knew it was going to be a very sad and dark movie. The movie plot itself just did not flow. They just took details of his life and threw it out there. If I had written the script, I would have balanced the negative with more positives like how influential all of the Debarge family's music has been with R&B fans and eldest brother Bobby was the source.

Of the few positives was when Tommy Debarge told ole dude, don't let this light skin fool you, LOL. The actors did look like the group Switch from the album cover. LOL!

After I watched it, I went to my playlists and played everything from Switch to Debarge to Chico. If anything I got from the movie it was definitely that their music was unique because it was an outlet for their (the whole Debarge Family) pain.

I think the story was told through Bobby's wife which could also explain why overall the movie just did not flow.

....One man's opinion

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yep....

I did not think it was a good movie. Not that the acting was that bad, I mean it kinda was but....scene after scene the viewer kept seeing abuse after abuse and that was too much for me.

Of course If you watched the Unsung Documentaries on Switch or Debarge or if you were a fan, you already knew it was going to be a very sad and dark movie. The movie plot itself just did not flow. They just took details of his life and threw it out there. If I had written the script, I would have balanced the negative with more positives like how influential all of the Debarge family's music has been with R&B fans and eldest brother Bobby was the source.

Of the few positives was when Tommy Debarge told ole dude, don't let this light skin fool you, LOL. The actors did look like the group Switch from the album cover. LOL!

After I watched it, I went to my playlists and played everything from Switch to Debarge to Chico. If anything I got from the movie it was definitely that their music was unique because it was an outlet for their (the whole Debarge Family) pain.

I think the story was told through Bobby's wife which could also explain why overall the movie just did not flow.

....One man's opinion

That dude who played Jermaine Jackson looked "greasy" like the real Jermaine. LOL

I haven't seen the movie and actually didn't know anything about it but for some reason I decided to watch the You Tube video "Unsung" about a week or two ago because that group had always been a mystery to me. The documentary was eye opening to me!

I heard it sucks, so I stayed away from it but I did catch that unsung of Switch...

Back