Anybody Doing Solar Energy at Their Home?

The Founder

I'm getting my ducks in a row to build my next home and I wanted to do solar panels. Does anyone on here have them? If so what are the pros and cons?

I thought about it but it wasn't an expense I wanted right now. You can rent them but i didn't want that option.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I'm really looking into them. Not for my personal use (yet) but for another project. If you are someone that doesn't use over 1500 kilowatts a month, you can get one for about $10-$5K and eliminate your electric bill. I would get an electric water heater and stove and pretty much only have gas and internet/cable as far as major bills

I'm really looking into them. Not for my personal use (yet) but for another project. If you are someone that doesn't use over 1500 kilowatts a month, you can get one for about $10-$5K and eliminate your electric bill. I would get an electric water heater and stove and pretty much only have gas and internet/cable as far as major bills

Yes see I want fully electric house. My plan is to install an automatic generator should the electricity go out. My wife wants a gas oven but I hate them because you waste grease it's dangerous; cleaning them is such a headache, and plus you drop food etc....that just urks the fuck out of me.. This is going to be a compromise we will have to make. Doing it this way would eliminate a gas bill in entirety.

I thought about it but it wasn't an expense I wanted right now. You can rent them but i didn't want that option.

Yea which is I'm going to do it while I build the house.

Yes see I want fully electric house. My plan is to install an automatic generator should the electricity go out. My wife wants a gas oven but I hate them because you waste grease it's dangerous; cleaning them is such a headache, and plus you drop food etc....that just urks the fuck out of me.. This is going to be a compromise we will have to make. Doing it this way would eliminate a gas bill in entirety.

Yea which is I'm going to do it while I build the house.
Gas is cheaper than electricity and cooks faster. I am a fan of gas ovens and stoves and dryers.

Gas is cheaper than electricity and cooks faster. I am a fan of gas ovens and stoves and dryers.

Having solar panels eliminates a number of aspects. The issue is you can't have an entire home gas. The largest bill in some cases is the electric bill. Imagine your electric meter going backwards per se where you are running solar and not even getting an electric bill. My wife wants a gas oven but everything else is going to be electric.

I'm also interested in this built in generator. Some people I know have one and they love it. The lights go out and it clicks on within 2 minutes.

Having solar panels eliminates a number of aspects. The issue is you can't have an entire home gas. The largest bill in some cases is the electric bill. Imagine your electric meter going backwards per se where you are running solar and not even getting an electric bill. My wife wants a gas oven but everything else is going to be electric.

I'm also interested in this built in generator. Some people I know have one and they love it. The lights go out and it clicks on within 2 minutes.
Remember to run the generator periodically whether there is a power outage or not.

Back