Any Scary Movie Fans Gonna Check Out Boogieman?

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
I stopped watching scary movies long ago, but this flick "Boogieman" has struck interest. Oh my goodness. I have a feeling this could be the best scary movie, for me, since the first two Poltergeist movies. Poltergeist struck at many of the fears and myths I had growing up; like that dayum tree outside that boys room,, and the thunderstorm and lightning off in the distance!

That mess had me re-living childhood foabias the first time I saw it! and that old man in the second one! :scared: :scared: and the whole desecration of grave sights (remember when you was a kid and when you went to a funeral you did not dare walk on or step over a grave or them haints would come to get you? :scared: ) thing,,, and then those spirits of people in the house?! (i was scared to death once in the late 60s/early 70s when i went to a funeral just across the line in Mississippi of a relative and at that time they were still having wakes at the home with the casket in the house. i was scared to death and had recurring dreams about that house for years.) boy Speilberg hit on almost everyone of my childhood fears in Poltergeist.

I believe this movie "Boogieman" is going to be similar. Mugz ALWAYS used to tell you that when you were a kid,, "be good or the boogieman's gonna getcha",, and i used to have dreams about whatever the boogieman was! sometimes it was clothes hanging up on the door that i would see with my eyes half open caught between sleep and wake. sometimes it was some ugly thing that was a combination of pictures and objects I'd seen during the day, and it would always be chasing me and weird things would be happening in houses, SIMILAR TO THE PREVIEWS I SEE IN THIS MOVIE!! This "Boogieman" looks like it's going to be good. I may have to check it out. How about you?

I'm a horror movie junkie, so I'm sure I'll check this one out, in addition to all the rest of them. :nod:

dSWACizJSU said:
i will probably go see it....can't be much worser that the rest of them.

There seems to be a flurry of them out or coming out,, like that little girl, "come out, come out where ever you are"??

Back