Anita Baker

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
SU's Finest,

I'm glad she's back. I heard Tom Joyner play the single "You My Everthing" the other day on his show. She's still got it.

media_pic_11_small.jpg

Anita Baker

link...
http://www.anitabaker.org/

amethyst08 said:
I heard the single too. It sounded pretty good. It's about time some grown folks music came along.

That pretty much sums it up. Back when I was college, older people were making music. Not the little kids being promoted today. The only real shorties then were Janet Jackson, New Edition, Bobby Brown, and Tony, Toni, Tone. The only other people around their ages was the rappers.

I'm not tryng to start, but I think "Compositions" was her best cd.

northern tiger said:
That pretty much sums it up. Back when I was college, older people were making music. Not the little kids being promoted today. The only real shorties then were Janet Jackson, New Edition, Bobby Brown, and Tony, Toni, Tone. The only other people around their ages was the rappers.

I'm not tryng to start, but I think "Compositions" was her best cd.

Do you think we're saying all of this because WE'RE 'older' now? Were the folks who were 30 and older when we were in college saying the same thing about the folks we listened to. For those of us 28 and older, it seems to me that music back then was not as separated as it is now. Just about everyone who was out back then was making good music. Record labels were looking for quality music. But when they started giving everybody a record deal, it just got watered down (kinda like the publishing industry...er' hairdresser in the hood has published a book...no dis to the hairdressers, I'm just saying...)

Back when I was in college, we listened to groups like Boys II Men and the older folks would enjoy it just as much. I can't think of one group with young azz boys and hot azz gals that I would sit down and listen to.
Back then we had the Sade's and the Anita's. Chante Moore was quality and she's around our age. Where is she now?

I read some where that Anita thought her music wouldn't be accepted any more. That's cause the record industry has allowed the kids to take over and dictate. They think they can make a quick buck. And for a few years they've been doing that. But it's time that folks like Anita come back and take over.

Again, is this just my age talking?

:headphone :tup: Welcome back Nita!!!!!!!
Based on these preview cuts, she hasn't lost a thing.

I simply can not wait to pick this one up, too....that heffa has a tight ass haircut. Have y'all seen her album cover...just beautiful. :tup:

Here's that haircut:

Anitabanner-120x90.gif

SU's Finest '93 said:
I simply can not wait to pick this one up, too....that heffa has a tight ass haircut. Have y'all seen her album cover...just beautiful. :tup:

That smile on her cover is just beautiful. Nothing like a woman with an inviting smile.

Oh man, those cuts bring it all back.

Dawg that statement made me feel old :D Who cares, I love her & I'm definitely grabbin that CD!

Jag-Tig, I wonder sometimes about that too. Were we oblivious to what older people considered crap back then because it was music that "our age" could relate to? I'm finding a lot of crap on the radio these days, but I'm sure the kids love it. I think the music people remember in the end will be the quality stuff. Hopefully.

Back