And we thought FMU was the only HBCU playing fall sports. Not true. Coahoma CC is in the mix

This is funny.... why do we keep placing community colleges in the HBCU category? Yes it has a predominately AA enrollment but damn! That designation should be held for those institutions established for the specific purpose of educating our people. Cohoma just so happen to be majority black! There are a couple of Jucos in MS that has the potential to have 50% AA enrollment at any time, will that make them a HBCU? i Just don’t get it.

Sadly they are playing football here in the Delta so I'm not surprised that Coahoma is playing. I think this maybe more of a Mississippi JUCO thing wanting to prove a point to Tater Tot and MAGA than just a Coahoma wanting to play

This is funny.... why do we keep placing community colleges in the HBCU category? Yes it has a predominately AA enrollment but damn! That designation should be held for those institutions established for the specific purpose of educating our people. Cohoma just so happen to be majority black! There are a couple of Jucos in MS that has the potential to have 50% AA enrollment at any time, will that make them a HBCU? i Just don’t get it.

Coahoma started off as a high school meant to teach black people how to farm in the Delta (a black region to this day) and earned JUCO status in the 40s

This is funny.... why do we keep placing community colleges in the HBCU category? Yes it has a predominately AA enrollment but damn! That designation should be held for those institutions established for the specific purpose of educating our people.
I'm not sure if you are serious or joking, but "we" aren't placing CCC in the HBCU category. CCC is "officially" designated as an HBCU. The designation is given to any historically black college or university established before 1965.

CCC was established in 1924 specifically for the purpose of educating our people. Mississippi was burning like a mutha back then. CCC is OG.

Back