An open letter from TnSU to JSU.

The Big Blue was always loaded with talent, but the knock on them was that they had "tenured" officials that made it difficult to
beat them at home. I hate to bring that up, because it seems as though I'm tarnishing the name of a very good Coach, Big John Merritt.

I remember Doug's senior year, it was muddy as hell up there and the Big Blue was bring the funk on that pass rush. We were back in Holland Hall drinking that MADDOG 20 20 and eating some Spivey's chicken. Had a little "cough" "cough" going at the time and it was wilder than a mofo up in there.

Anyway, I still enjoy a good drink and some chicken ...finally gave up on the "cough" "cough"! Man, we got to get a series going again. The first year should be in Atlanta, and after that maybe home and home.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by G-QUE
Hey RM,

Since you're talking about Doug's years, you remember in '75 when Tenn. State had a 30(thirty) game win streak going at HALE STADIUM and Doug Williams, Sammie White(wr), James Hunter(db), Dwight Scales(wr) and Company(so many blue-chippers I can't name them all)..... anyway we beat that "arse" 28-25.

Actually, the score shouldn't have been that close(I believe it was an officiating problem). That was the night that Eddie Rob pulled the team from the field to try to get the officials to tell him where a holding penalty was called when Scales ran a punt back!!

Doug was 2-2 because we won that game in '74 (21-7).

So yeah, I would like to resume that series. And by the way, the last time we played yall was in Memphis in 1992( I'm having a senior moment right now and can't remember the score but I know we kicked that arse.

G-QUE,

Man that game in 75 is what got me hooked on TSU football, it was probably just the 3/4th TSU fb game that I had attended at that time, prior to that game I'd just read the papers or listen over the radio.

If I remember correctly GSU came into that game ranked #1 in the nation.

TSU known for knocking the QB's out of the game gave Doug some hellasious hits that woulda sent most players out crying for their mommas, but not Doug, I knew from that moment he would be a great one.

Err.. Cain't comment on the officiating :D

HBCU's,

Don't worry, TSU will correct that problem for you, and in a big way. :emlaugh:

Back