An Issue of Religion, State, and Multiculturalism

Dr. Sweet NUPE

Should there be open Prayer or a Moment of Silence at PUBLIC events that deal with Multiculturalism. I'm leaning more toward Moment of Silence and the individual has the choice to pray to whomever they want to.

YES!!!!!

There should be prayer everywhere...you shouldn't force it on someone, but it should be optional for anyone to pray anytime, anywhere. That's the main reason this country has so many issues now. We take the LORD out of everything. This is why the school's are in such a mess.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: YES!!!!!

What if you have a Muslim in a classroom of Christians? Why is the Muslim's religion ignored? Should the Muslim be forced to say "In Jesus Name We Pray".........how would that be handled. Having a moment of silence respects all religions. It gives people time to meditate to whomever they choose.

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
There should be prayer everywhere...you shouldn't force it on someone, but it should be optional for anyone to pray anytime, anywhere. That's the main reason this country has so many issues now. We take the LORD out of everything. This is why the school's are in such a mess.

I'm not knocking that at all...whomever your GOD is. A moment of silence is just that......SILENCE. No one knows who you're praying to. I just think it should be an option for one to do so. We should not be told that we can't.

So you're saying that praying at PUBLIC events with multicultures is ok?

Furthermore, religion is the most sacred of sacred. In my book no one should here what you're praying about. That's between you and your supreme being.

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
I'm not knocking that at all...whomever your GOD is. A moment of silence is just that......SILENCE. No one knows who you're praying to. I just think it should be an option for one to do so. We should not be told that we can't.

Ok, maybe I'm not following you. I thought you meant having a moment of silence. You mean open prayer? If so, it's still an individual's decision. One should not be forced to do so or not do so. It's a personal decision. GOD gives us a choice, so why shouldn't man. I may be going off on a tangent other than what you're speaking of. **shrugs shoulders**

This thread may need to be moved to the prayer board.

Back