Alternating Routines

Dr. Sweet NUPE

Has anyone alternated routines? Meaning you only work out your upper body for an entire week....then do cardio an entire week?

No, I don't think that is a good idea. You should allow your muscles to rest between workouts. I don't think one should put undue stress on muscles with back-to-back workouts.

silentrage said:
No, I don't think that is a good idea. You should allow your muscles to rest between workouts. I don't think one should put undue stress on muscles with back-to-back workouts.

Yes I have heard of that. I workout everday usually alternating between Cardio and lifts. Well, this leads to my next question of Two-A-Days.

Nothing wrong with two-a-days as long as you aren't stressing the same muscle group. A person may do weights in the morning and cardio in the evening (at least that is what my personal trainer did when he was training for a body-building competition).

silentrage said:
Nothing wrong with two-a-days as long as you aren't stressing the same muscle group. A person may do weights in the morning and cardio in the evening (at least that is what my personal trainer did when he was training for a body-building competition).

See to me that's the same as going to work out everyday at 7pm ya know.

Back