All of you in technology (and even other areas cause you're affected also!), read.

The numbers are interesting, but they have nothing to do with our ability to EXECUTE our jobs. There is still no substitute for being the best at what you do.

Even the best American workers, who are usually the best workers period, are being let go. In other words a lot of valuable and excellent workers being fired. I know it sounds strange. But it is happening and has been happening for a lot of years. Policies like do not help the American economy in the long run and are basically a sham. The voters need to let their voices heard.

jobs

A lot of corporations are now taking their jobs overseas. They find it cheaper to open and run their business in places like India. A lot of the technical jobs are going over there. We are in a sad state in the American Economy. Hopefully something will be done to create more jobs for the umemployed engineers here in the U.S.

Just my two cent!

Make yourself Marketable...if you plan to work for someone else...
Don't restrain yourself to only working in America.
Otherwise, you do have a choice...work for yourself!
There's always choices.
That's just about all I have to say about that!

Re: jobs

Originally posted by buckwheat1911
A lot of corporations are now taking their jobs overseas. They find it cheaper to open and run their business in places like India. A lot of the technical jobs are going over there. We are in a sad state in the American Economy. Hopefully something will be done to create more jobs for the umemployed engineers here in the U.S.

Just my two cent!

This is very true. I think that things will get worse before they get better.

If one is still working they need to save as much as they can, usually at least 10% of their paycheck. They should do it anyway. But with the economic times we have, it is more important that they do it now.

True it is always important to become more marketable. Working in other countries is an option. But understand that a lot of marketable workers are being fired. Understand that other countries protect their companies and workers better than we do. Carefully read the link to the article that Panthro posted. We need to make the politicians that we elect and whose salaries that we pay serve us.

In tough economic times one should consider going back to school. (It could be in getting ready to start a business.) People go back to school during a slowdown if they can afford it. I did it.

Back