Alcorn vs Jackson State 1994. McNair last SWAC game.

goodolebrave

I would like to thank Alex from the bottom of my heart for finding this game. Saw it the other day and a tear dropped.

*Sigh*

The last time SWAC game for Mac. Also the last time Memorial Stadium was at capacity.

Again THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One other game I wish for is that 1994 game of Alcorn vs Southern.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I remember squeezing into a seat on the top row in the aisle for that game.

Haha seems like everyone was squeezing in for a seat at this game. All kinds of folk was there

Yes I would like to thank Alex for this artifact of SWAC history too. SWAC fans deserve to see this time period in our conference.

That throw on 3rd & 24 and that last deep TD pass to Marcus Hinton was big League throws.

I have more than this. I even have the pre-game on VHS! lol

You have the complete 1994 game between Alcorn St. and Jackson St. with Steve "Air" McNair. The tape that was given to me, the beginning was taped over. Can you up load it? If not, send the VHS to me and I can upload it for you and send back the VHS and a copy of DVD for you. What other games do you have? I am trying to get the 1994 Alcorn St./Southern Game.

You can barely see my head BUT I think thats me sitting to the left of the girl holding up the sign at 1:28:01. That pin on her chest is her SGA pin and the game was so crowded, they had us mixed in with the rest of the crowd. We were on the visitor side for this game so maybe JSU forgot to reserve box seats for us.

Last edited:
We should have kept feeding Arnold but Shannon, in his first year at JSU, decided to play c-ball in the 2nd half.

Man I had to pee bad all game but If you got up you lost that seat. Didn't even order snacks. My girl was mad. Took her to Red Lobster afterward..LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Important question for everyone who was there. Where did y'all park??! And how long did it take you to get in and out of the stadium grounds?

Also the last time Memorial Stadium was at capacity.

I think that would be the 1997 JSU vs. Southern game. 1999 JSU vs. Southern game was a close second. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, usually I'm always right. The Saints preseason game doesn't count. :)

Important question for everyone who was there. Where did y'all park??! And how long did it take you to get in and out of the stadium grounds?

Man me and my folks sat right up to the left of Alcorn band right where the turn starts in the stadium. We parked on Woodrow Wilson and it was like a country mile to walk to and from the stadium.

This was the last capacity crowd. See what you're forgeting is people were in the aisles. In the aisles sitting down. And there wasn't just SWAC fans there but those other folks, white, were trickled off in that crowd as well. There were football fans from all over to see McNair. And I have been to those other games you speak of @bernard, because I enjoy big games in the SWAC but that was the last capacity crowd in that stadium. I do miss the days when those tips on each end of the horseshoe would have people sitting down. That's when you know it's packed.

Last edited:
Back