Alcorn State vs. Jackson State: Game Updates

Tigerpride said:
Yep, one of Bell's RB's would have got the first down. Alcorn was not even looking for the run....who was? Also, Mike is just hating pure and simple. Why fire Bell?? Because he does not have an inflated record like Jones? You have too much time on your hands and as usual you are wrong.....most of our talent is young talent.
Say what you want TP about Jones, but when he tells a kid he has three straight winning seasons vs Bell's 4-19 record they would rather go with him.

Tigerpride said:
Yep, one of Bell's RB's would have got the first down. Alcorn was not even looking for the run....who was? Also, Mike is just hating pure and simple. Why fire Bell?? Because he does not have an inflated record like Jones? You have too much time on your hands and as usual you are wrong.....most of our talent is young talent.

Whatinhell is an inflated record?

I suppose that means that Bell's record is deflated, seeing as how he has been de-feated in more than half of his games.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Tigerpride said:

Hell TP, most of SU's talent is young talent. Bama State has some young talent.......see where I am going. Young talent can excell when you have good coaching. They will not develop under Bell. For example. Cletis Gorden should be involved on offense way more than he was. Chris Jones has wasted for the last 2 years. Scott Morris was a decent player as well. Bell doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Simple as that. I have seen JSU football upclose since the early to mid seventies and even the old wishbone offense JSU ran with Tony Harris and Jeremiah Tillman at Qb was more imaginative than Bell's. Whatever it takes, JSU needs to fire Culbertson and Bell in next week or 2. They will be better off.

JR said:
Hell TP, most of SU's talent is young talent. Bama State has some young talent.......see where I am going. Young talent can excell when you have good coaching. They will not develop under Bell. For example. Cletis Gorden should be involved on offense way more than he was. Chris Jones has wasted for the last 2 years. Scott Morris was a decent player as well. Bell doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Simple as that. I have seen JSU football upclose since the early to mid seventies and even the old wishbone offense JSU ran with Tony Harris and Jeremiah Tillman at Qb was more imaginative than Bell's. Whatever it takes, JSU needs to fire Culbertson and Bell in next week or 2. They will be better off.

JR, that was not my point.

CEE DOG said:
Say what you want TP about Jones, but when he tells a kid he has three straight winning seasons vs Bell's 4-19 record they would rather go with him.

an inflated record is not taking into consideration that you can compare wins over TxSo and SSU to losses to Hampton and NWState. Jones, in his third year has no better product on the field than Hughes. You all just have easier schedules.

Fiyah said:
Much better than homecoming for JSU, this must have been Alcorns home game....

Attendance: 24,537
I was in attendance at this game, there was not that many people there, 15,000 at the most, they must be counting actual tickets purchased in advance, we sat on Alcorn side and the majority of the people were from Alcorn.

At AAMU, they are used to seeing that type of football, at Jackson State, they aint. Jackson state had better and went backward. I could take Kent and the recievers that had last year, and let them draw plays in the sand and have a more imaginative and effective offense.

Tigerpride said:
an inflated record is not taking into consideration that you can compare wins over TxSo and SSU to losses to Hampton and NWState. Jones, in his third year has no better product on the field than Hughes. You all just have easier schedules.

That's the most stupid bullschit you've posted....and trust me, you've posted some amazingly ignorant mess!! TxSU is a CONFERENCE opponent, but we know that doesn't mean alot these days. Just because y'all ran from them a few seasons back, are you advocating that everyone else does?

You'll do anything to somehow try to validate that dumb coach you've got, and you make yourself look more foolish than any of us could have imagined! If you had an ounce of common sense, you'd give up this crusade as Bell's champion. But then again, common sense is a term that's not in your realm of existence.

Tigerpride said:

ALUM,

What he is saying is...
"If we dropped JSU our schedule would be tougher" Maybe Stillman College would be tougher.

My .01 cent,

Bell needs to stay the length of his contract (one more year). He may turn things around like Tommy Tuberville did at Auburn. (They did him just plain wrong.) Look where they are today????

So if Tommy can do it, maybe James can do it too!!!!!!

Bell needs to get an offensive coordinator. The Defense is ok but the offense is TERRIBLE. If Donald Carrie was in the game. The this would have been a blowout.

Tigerpride said:

None of that matters TP. Bell is the problem.

Back