Alabama State Board votes to immediately suspend President Boyd

The millennial generation says you are trying to make them feel guilty be asking them to vote to help get these old racist republicans out of office. They like getting treated bad by these conservatives. Oh well. What you say @Kendrick ? Just vote stop the guilt treat huh?

If you want to encourage folks to vote, there isn't a need to resort to fear mongering. Supporters of both parties do that shit and it's old and tired.

If you're gonna vote, vote for what you believe is in the best interest of you and your people. Not out of fear or because someone else is trying to play with your emotions. That's it.

Now this is some retarded crap right here. WTH does anyone having anything for or against females have to do with the state of HBCUs. Jayrob is another example why our HBCUs are under attack without anyone of some common sense to see it. IMO, I think he really wish he was born a female for him to actually say some crazy crap like that. Honestly, I hope no one from JSU listens too him because he honestly thinks that it was my words on this board that got Meyers in trouble with the IHL Board.
Dude, you went out of your way to single out "females", especially Black females in leadership positions. It's as if males don't commit worse decisions related to finances, but you don't go out of your way to single out "men" for making bad choices.
It's a shame that you seem to have a blind spot in this area but it's okay to look in the mirror and admit when you do. You'll feel better when you do.
Bottom line is men do more crazy stuff in businesses than most women and they also have to put up with more ridicule as well.

Dude, you went out of your way to single out "females", especially Black females in leadership positions. It's as if males don't commit worse decisions related to finances, but you don't go out of your way to single out "men" for making bad choices.
It's a shame that you seem to have a blind spot in this area but it's okay to look in the mirror and admit when you do. You'll feel better when you do.
Bottom line is men do more crazy stuff in businesses than most women and they also have to put up with more ridicule as well.

I suggest you write the HBCU Digest and tell them the same thing. I got my information from them.

I really think HBCUs are being looked at through a microscope these days and will continue to do so for a good while. If there ever was a time that our schools needed our support it's now. The more divided we are in our alumni circles, the worse it will be. Times are different and powers that be are coming at HBCU to challenge the reasons why they believe they no longer need to exist. I expect to see things such as budget cuts or more scrutiny whenever HBCU admins make any kind of financial mishaps...of course any infighting amongst us will be sensationalized in the media....it's already happening....

Last edited:
Honestly, I think Meyers was way over her head as a university president. Her academic background is engineering and never have I've heard of her working her way up to the level of university president, such as working as the Dean of Engineering, Vice Chancellor, Chancellor, etc. at some university. Being a president at some university, particularly at a HBCU, one would have to be very talented to understand the balancing act they would have to perform while staying on the school's mission. She might be good in engineering, but that does not say she is good at managing a university. HBCUs need to seek out the most qualified and well-rounded individuals to run their school in order to survive the waves of attacks by others.

Dr. Myers was dean of engineering and provost at North Carolina A&T.

----------

bio

…..

Dr. Meyers served as Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. She has also served as a professor of mechanical engineering and dean of the College of Engineering at the same institution. Dr. Meyers served as a program director for the National Science Foundation for two years. Dr. Meyers served as Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. She has also served as a professor of mechanical engineering and dean of the College of Engineering at the same institution. Dr. Meyers served as a program director for the National Science Foundation for two years. Ms. Meyers serves as Director of Nauticus, LLC. She served as a Trustee of Moses Cone Health System Inc. Dr. Meyers serves as a representative on the American Association of State Colleges and Universities’ Council of State Representatives and as a member of the Advisory Committee for the Extraordinary Women Engineers Project.

…..

Dr. Myers was dean of engineering and provost at North Carolina A&T.

----------

bio

…..

Dr. Meyers served as Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. She has also served as a professor of mechanical engineering and dean of the College of Engineering at the same institution. Dr. Meyers served as a program director for the National Science Foundation for two years. Dr. Meyers served as Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. She has also served as a professor of mechanical engineering and dean of the College of Engineering at the same institution. Dr. Meyers served as a program director for the National Science Foundation for two years. Ms. Meyers serves as Director of Nauticus, LLC. She served as a Trustee of Moses Cone Health System Inc. Dr. Meyers serves as a representative on the American Association of State Colleges and Universities’ Council of State Representatives and as a member of the Advisory Committee for the Extraordinary Women Engineers Project.

…..

okay

Understand. I cannot say much about her tenure at JSU. Frankly, I can say very little. I have not followed it closely. I just remember some of the positions she has held.

Good deal.............

I just heard of this situation at ASU today to be quite honest on my local NPR station near Birmingham. According to the broadcast it said among some of the allegations against Dr. Boyd are that prisoners were being used to clean dorm rooms! Was that a misprint on the newscaster's script?

Back