Alabama is one of America’s unhealthiest states

I am not surprised! Remember they attacked Mrs. Obama for wanting veggies in schools!

Food deserts in poor areas / counties (black and white) is real in this state. You can get good locally / regionally grow veggies in season.

The city of Montgomery cracked down on farmers and resellers of fresh veggies that were sold out of the back of trucks (primary done on the west side) that provided neighborhoods some quality potatoes and vegetables at reasonable prices. Now those consumers are at the mercy of supermarkets.

The city of Montgomery cracked down on farmers and resellers of fresh veggies that were sold out of the back of trucks (primary done on the west side) that provided neighborhoods some quality potatoes and vegetables at reasonable prices.
Why would the city of Montgomery do that? Did they give a reason????

Why would the city of Montgomery do that? Did they give a reason????
I was not here when it was done, but my understanding is that the excuse was they need to pay licenses to sell groceries and all that goes along with that.

I did retire here, my line about being here is that its a third world country. I knew that when I returned to Alabama.

I am not surprised! Remember they attacked Mrs. Obama for wanting veggies in schools!

Food deserts in poor areas / counties (black and white) is real in this state. You can get good locally / regionally grow veggies in season.

The city of Montgomery cracked down on farmers and resellers of fresh veggies that were sold out of the back of trucks (primary done on the west side) that provided neighborhoods some quality potatoes and vegetables at reasonable prices. Now those consumers are at the mercy of supermarkets.
So they can't have vegetable and fruit stands on the side of the road? That's how some people make their living.

Mane when I leave out Huntsville to go fishing it's like being in another world. 😂
When I lived in Huntsville, I didn't really go to many places other than B-ham the other town not too far from Huntsville. I did go to whatever town 'fatcats' was located. I'm not sure if that was a part of Madison. To me, it was no different than Mississippi.

I was not here when it was done, but my understanding is that the excuse was they need to pay licenses to sell groceries and all that goes along with that.

I did retire here, my line about being here is that its a third world country. I knew that when I returned to Alabama.
You gotta have a business license. It is commerce, whether it is a small farmer on the side of the road or a brick and mortar location - you must have a business license and frankly if that's the only thing keeping you from running a legit business you don't deserve to be in business.

Mane when I leave out Huntsville to go fishing it's like being in another world. 😂
Huntsville is growing. Seems like there is more things to do there now. I saw where two years ago that it was a fast growing city. I know there a lot of jobs there. I'm just not ready to move back to the deep south. My wife is from Tallahassee and has hinted at moving to Huntsville to be closer to home. I like living in Maryland. I watch Love and Marriage Huntsville. Good show!

Huntsville is growing. Seems like there is more things to do there now. I saw where two years ago that it was a fast growing city. I know there a lot of jobs there. I'm just not ready to move back to the deep south. My wife is from Tallahassee and has hinted at moving to Huntsville to be closer to home. I like living in Maryland. I watch Love and Marriage Huntsville. Good show!
It has grown with more to do but I wouldn't rush coming back. 😂

Back