Alabama coaches, players to march Monday about social injustice

Dog81

2020 has been a strange year! I never thought I would see this happen.....

Updated Aug 28, 2020; Posted Aug 28, 2020

By Mike Rodak | mrodak@al.com
University of Alabama football players and coaches plan to march Monday to protest racial injustice.
Senior running back Najee Harris provided details about the march Friday evening on Twitter, saying the march is to have “our voices to be heard as we strive to enact social change and rid our world of social injustices. We want all Alabama athletes to join us. This isn’t a fan day … this isn’t a football game … this is about lasting CHANGE!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
They didn't want us, we ran to them. Then they saw how we could make them more money so now they don't want us to go, but still don't want to pay our worth because it cuts into their profits.

To them, they were doing just fine in the caves and hills of Europe, not knowing and not knowing that they didn't know. But we just had to take our happy selves up there trying to help them.

"History is best to reward all research"

Last edited:
2020 has been a strange year! I never thought I would see this happen.....

Updated Aug 28, 2020; Posted Aug 28, 2020

By Mike Rodak | mrodak@al.com
University of Alabama football players and coaches plan to march Monday to protest racial injustice.
Senior running back Najee Harris provided details about the march Friday evening on Twitter, saying the march is to have “our voices to be heard as we strive to enact social change and rid our world of social injustices. We want all Alabama athletes to join us. This isn’t a fan day … this isn’t a football game … this is about lasting CHANGE!

And?

They didn't want us, we ran to them. Then they saw how we could make them more money so now they don't want us to go, but still don't want to pay our worth because it cuts into their profits.

To them, they were doing just fine in the cave and hills of Europe, not knowing and not knowing that they didn't know. But we just had to take our happy selves up there trying to help them.

"History is best to reward all research"
We're nothing more than just "entertainment" for them.

A09b.gif

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Look I’m glad they marched. The sad part is some of us still will not be happy and support them. For example....their march is hollow and fake. Instead of saying it was hollow put the march to the test by holding them accountable indefinitely. Meaning this is not a one time thing.

Damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Look I’m glad they marched. The sad part is some of us still will not be happy and support them. For example....their march is hollow and fake. Instead of saying it was hollow put the march to the test by holding them accountable indefinitely. Meaning this is not a one time thing.
Never should have taken their asses there believing the grass is greener. It was just turf/artificial. Ask Liberty University students.

I wonder how many of us on this forum work 4 someone that is not a minority and come here and say that these kids should not go to pwi's. You're right some of you you can't be pleased at all just like a bunch of white people. Damned-if-you-do damned-if-you-don't damned if you.....

I wasn't gonna say it lol. Most of the schools in the conference are in the deep south too. Alabama, Mississippi, Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas..... SHIETTTTTT... that's basically their battlegrounds lol. Once you leave campus you know what time it is.

Explain "believing the grass is greener".

If you are trying to get your kid in the NFL or NBA to get that big time money-those parents will have zero issue going to those PWI and junior gets called all sorts of names and stuff-just for a shot at that money.

If you are trying to get your kid a decent job-take that abuse at PWI for that degree from Bama so it's not tossed in the trash at some places like the ones from a HBCU might get tossed in. Never mind how many black (insert job title here) actually come from HBCUS.

How many times have our kids seen WHITE is RIGHT? WHO drills that more into our kids than black folks themselves?
How many of the worst public schools are black? How many state tests show black kids are the worst?

When black is bad is forever drilled into a black child with little or no effort to counter it by black folks. I am talking movies, shows, comics and books. When you don't counter it-you get grass is greener with white folks.

Go look up John Boyega's interview for GQ UK about his treatment while doing Star Wars. All he did was take a role and still to this day he is getting death threats and Disney did nothing.

If you are trying to get your kid in the NFL or NBA to get that big time money-those parents will have zero issue going to those PWI and junior gets called all sorts of names and stuff-just for a shot at that money.

If you are trying to get your kid a decent job-take that abuse at PWI for that degree from Bama so it's not tossed in the trash at some places like the ones from a HBCU might get tossed in. Never mind how many black (insert job title here) actually come from HBCUS.

How many times have our kids seen WHITE is RIGHT? WHO drills that more into our kids than black folks themselves?
How many of the worst public schools are black? How many state tests show black kids are the worst?

When black is bad is forever drilled into a black child with little or no effort to counter it by black folks. I am talking movies, shows, comics and books. When you don't counter it-you get grass is greener with white folks.

Go look up John Boyega's interview for GQ UK about his treatment while doing Star Wars. All he did was take a role and still to this day he is getting death threats and Disney did nothing.
Thank you for your point of view. However, I wanted Blacknbengal's point of view as it applies to his statement.

Back