Alabama coaches, players to march Monday about social injustice

So where in America can they go to escape white supremacy?

I don't know. But, the marching is getting a little tired. White people are never going care about black lives. If they fycked over the Native Americans and Mexicans. Do you really think they care about black people.

This was a pure business decision by Nick Saban. Hell, I would March to for some five-star players too.

I have more respect for Saban after this statement today.

When asked to respond to the criticism he received online, that’s basically the message Saban relayed, although he said it far more elegantly.

“Look, I don’t have an opinion about everybody else’s opinion,” Saban said during this Wednesday media availability. “I don’t have an opinion about, you know, we try to do the right things, we try to provide positive leadership for our players. Like I said, on Monday, we’re trying to elevate our players’ chances of having success in their life through their personal development, academic support, so they can graduate and develop a career. And, you know, what kind of career they can develop as a football player but a part of that is also providing leadership to elevate people around them – by using their platform in a positive way.

“So, as I said earlier, I’m pleased with the way that happened and that’s that.”

I don't know. But, the marching is getting a little tired. White people are never going care about black lives. If they fycked over the Native Americans and Mexicans. Do you really think they care about black people.

This was a pure business decision by Nick Saban. Hell, I would March to for some five-star players too.

The proper term is performance activism. Black people do it as well.

Despite whether anyone believes whether Nick Saban was genuine, there is something to be said that the head coach of Alabama football -- ( and the power and reverence that position commands) -- understanding all the history of that university as it relates to race and integration of college football in the south -- WILLING to participate in this movement is a big deal.

In that case, what happens in November or any other time doesn't matter.

Nick Saban is as racist as Tuberville. The march was only a photo-op. Saban doesn't give two cent about those black athletes. He just want those black athletes to play football and shut up about police brutality. He is just trying to appease so he can continue to have a decent season. He will be voting for Trump like he did in 2016. I blame every black parent that send their children to these lily white schools thinking they are better than all of our HBCUs'. Nick can kiss my black a**.

I doesn't matter where they go. As long as they're in America, it is something they will have to confront.
I agree with that sentiment. Saban is just trying to keep and get some 5 stars. He's sees an opening with Clemson b/c Dabo can't stay out of his own way and trying to make a little headway.

I agree with that sentiment. Saban is just trying to keep and get some 5 stars. He's sees an opening with Clemson b/c Dabo can't stay out of his own way and trying to make a little headway.

The thing about Saban is that he doesn't have to do anything, especially with his resume and clout. He gonna get five-stars regardless.

Dabo, we know, is woefully ... I'll keep it kosher. But he's still killing it on the recruiting trail.

Question: Has any HBCU coaches/teams, whether tennis, softball, basketball, football etc. marched for social justice in year 2020?

Last edited:
Question: Has any HBCU coaches/teams, whether tennis, softball, basketball, football etc. marched for social justice in year 2020?
some of the some of these fools on this form which swear that because a man wears a pair of pants that he's racist. Whether he was black or white. And like I said before they work for white people but it's a sin for a child to go to a white school. And all of them have the opportunity to go to work for somebody black if they want to.

I cannot believe some of you black people were allowed to attend an HBCU.

In total, our standards for admittance seriously tanked when unintelligent and unwise dark skin folks were allowed to walk on our respective campuses. :D

I cannot believe some of you black people were allowed to attend an HBCU.

In total, our standards for admittance seriously tanked when unintelligent and unwise dark skin folks were allowed to walk on our respective campuses. :D

Patron, play nice we have hundreds of thousands of HBCU graduates so you're bound to get different perspectives....LOL (Herman Cain- Morehouse, Armstrong Williams-South Carolina State {SGA President}, Vernon Jones-North Carolina Central etc.)

Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee football players speak during March on Knox protest

Tennessee football coach Jeremy Pruitt and Vols offensive linemen Trey Smith and K’Rojhn Calbert spoke Friday during a peaceful protest in downtown Knoxville. Pruitt, defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley and about 10 Vols players took the stage in Market Square for about three minutes during the March on Knox protest. Among the players on stage were quarterbacks Jarrett Guarantano and Brian Maurer.

https://www.newsbreak.com/tennessee...ll-players-speak-during-march-on-knox-protest

Watch tearful Kirk Herbstreit deliver social justice speech: ‘It’s not OK.’ Game Day makes SEC picks

By Mark Heim | mheim@al.com

A crying Kirk Herbstreit made an emotional speech Saturday during the season premier of ESPN’s “College GameDay” when discussing the impact of 2020 events on the Black community.
The show also made predictions on the SEC West and East races and even debated the season’s start time.

Watch tearful Kirk Herbstreit deliver social justice speech: ‘It’s not OK.’ GameDay makes SEC picks

Students stand against police brutality at FAMU March for Justice

Florida A&M University's Football team led the peaceful demonstration Saturday

By: Kristian Thomas

Posted at 12:08 AM, Aug 31, 2020

and last updated 11:08 PM, Aug 30, 2020

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — This demonstration started at Tallahassee's Black Lives Matter mural on Gaines Street.
From there, they marched downtown bringing out students from Florida State University and TCC.
People chanted "We Have No Choice," promoting peaceful action against racial injustice.
Demonstrators say with Florida A&M University's rich history of student protests, they knew they could not sit on the sidelines.

Students stand against police brutality at FAMU March for Justice

All of the SWAC coaches in Mississippi were in Jackson for the Cofnederate flag thing

Lindsey Hunter and Dancy both have spoken out in interviews that I have read/watched about the current social climate in this country

Watch tearful Kirk Herbstreit deliver social justice speech: ‘It’s not OK.’ Game Day makes SEC picks

By Mark Heim | mheim@al.com

A crying Kirk Herbstreit made an emotional speech Saturday during the season premier of ESPN’s “College GameDay” when discussing the impact of 2020 events on the Black community.
The show also made predictions on the SEC West and East races and even debated the season’s start time.

Watch tearful Kirk Herbstreit deliver social justice speech: ‘It’s not OK.’ GameDay makes SEC picks

Indirect pressure on the white man from black pro athletes who are speaking out about racial injustice. Black college athletes are seeing leaders of popular pro sports they look up to raise awareness about police brutality. Some may have experienced it themselves or watched news about it. As a white man they know they can't keep telling these players black lives matter when they probably voted for Trump.

Nick Saban is as racist as Tuberville. The march was only a photo-op. Saban doesn't give two cent about those black athletes. He just want those black athletes to play football and shut up about police brutality. He is just trying to appease so he can continue to have a decent season. He will be voting for Trump like he did in 2016. I blame every black parent that send their children to these lily white schools thinking they are better than all of our HBCUs'. Nick can kiss my black a**.

Not even close to true.

All of the SWAC coaches in Mississippi were in Jackson for the Cofnederate flag thing

Lindsey Hunter and Dancy both have spoken out in interviews that I have read/watched about the current social climate in this country

I was waiting on some one to post this info, In The 662, thanks. That was a strong move by the black and white coaches in Mississippi to stand together to demand and get change to the flag in Mississippi. How much change could occur if our HBCU's in Alabama joined the University of Alabama in this endeavor? Just asking?

Alabama - All Lives Can't Matter Until Back Lives Matter

Reactions: J C
Patron, play nice we have hundreds of thousands of HBCU graduates so you're bound to get different perspectives....LOL (Herman Cain- Morehouse, Armstrong Williams-South Carolina State {SGA President}, Vernon Jones-North Carolina Central etc.)

It's sad to know that being monolithic behind the HBCUism isn't evident. Perhaps the "B" should be dropped for those folk so they are an HCU.

Tuscaloosa Mayor Reopens College Bars as COVID-19 Skyrockets at University of Alabama

The mayor of Tuscaloosa is letting bars near the University of Alabama reopen on Tuesday, even though the school just reported more than 800 new cases.

In a press release, Mayor Walt Maddox citied a “positive trend” in results, saying an overall decline in community positivity rates “provides an opportunity for a limited reopening of bars which have sacrificed a great deal to protect our healthcare system and economy.” At the same time, the university reported 846 new cases over the last week—the largest increase in a single week since classes began.

Maddox shut down all bars in the area for two weeks in late August, after more than 500 University of Alabama students tested positive in the first five days back on campus. The latest tally shows an increase in average daily cases from that first report, though a slight decline from a truncated, three-day report the week before.

Back