AKAs raises 1 million for HBCUs

LAW DAWG

TSU LOVE
For the second year in a row, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, the oldest Greek-letter organization established by African American college-educated women, raised $1 million in just 24 hours during this month’s HBCU Impact Day.

Congratulations AKAs!

:clap:

Its a lot considering 24 hours.

No it's not.
There are like what, 200,000 AKAs? That's like an average donation of only $5 per AKA not even factoring in all of the others who may have contributed. Like 2kool said, the impact is in the headline and photo op.

But like I said, every little bit helps and maybe the effort alone will inspire new and continuing support for HBCUs

How much money do HBCU grads give, if they all gave 5 dollars, it would be huge.

I don’t find fault with anyone raising money for HBCUs.

You should make a contribution to run that number up!

Talk is cheap, be proactive, support the AKAs!

How much money do HBCU grads give, if they all gave 5 dollars, it would be huge.

I don’t find fault with anyone raising money for HBCUs.

You should make a contribution to run that number up!

Talk is cheap, be proactive, support the AKAs!

AKAs claim to be supreme in service and a service organization. $1 million among the number of members they have isn't supreme ... it's mediocre. If you compare the revenue from AKA merchandise, conferences, annual dues etc and how much they give back to the black community .... you will see an embarrassing gap again especially for this to be a "service" oriented organization. But I know most people hate truth and like to live in a fantasy land.

Oprah alone just gave $13 million to Morehouse for scholarships .... $1 million is a drop in a bucket among 100+ HBCUs. $100 million would've been more impressive from the so-called leaders of the black community that wouldn't exist if it wasn't for a HBCU

Last edited:
Back