AKA Hazing at Alcorn State

Croft84

I read this article on blackamericaweb. What is your opinion?

Date: Thursday, March 08, 2007
By: J. Samuel Cook, Black College Wire

The Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. chapter at Alcorn State University in Mississippi, once referred to as ?Gangster Phi? for its brutal hazing rituals, is under fire for allegedly engaging in underground hazing activities.

The Gamma Phi chapter postponed a scheduled Feb. 25 "interest meeting" and suspended intake pending an investigation.

The allegations came in an e-mail sent to the national organization, claiming that illegal hazing activities had taken place. The e-mail was sent under an assumed name.

However, a sophomore who asked not to be identified told the Alcorn Campus Chronicle that she and other prospective members were made to meet members of the sorority in their dorm rooms, perform calisthenics and purchase food and other amenities for the ?big sisters.? Aspirants were not allowed to look members of the sorority directly in the eyes, she said.

?They would call us around 1 or 2 in the morning and make us come to their dorm room,? the sophomore said. ?Once we were there, they would make us recite history, founders and other information. We would have to do push-ups, sit-ups, and jumping jacks when we got answers wrong or weren?t in sync.? The sophomore said she had not sent the e-mail making the allegations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:eek:
The Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. chapter at Alcorn State University in Mississippi, once referred to as ?Gangster Phi? for its brutal hazing rituals

Damm.....................AKA's catching hell from all corners in the last couple of weeks. :eek:

:eek:
The Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. chapter at Alcorn State University in Mississippi, once referred to as ?Gangster Phi? for its brutal hazing rituals

Damm.....................AKA's catching hell from all corners in the last couple of weeks. :eek:

This is already being discussed in another thread on here. The AKA's at Alcorn State University are not known as the Gangster Phi chapter, Actually they Kappa's are known as the Gangster Pi Chapter and they have been called that for many years now. See this thread which is already in this forum for more comments. http://www.swacpage.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70000

Maybe the AKAs at Alcorn are GangsterPhi...Phi...:lol:

Check this out.

Revenge of the Sorors
By J. Samuel Cook
Black College Wire

Kenon White/Black College Wire
Writing about hazing charges at Alcorn State University led to a pink-and-green nightmare.
When the text message arrived on my cellular phone, I instantly knew what was about to happen.

"Here they come," the unidentified source had said. How they were able to pinpoint my location, I’m not certain. They had established an elaborate network among themselves — nearly 100 members on the campus alone— in which they parked their vehicles at strategic locations on the Alcorn State University campus and communicated via cellular phone. I had attempted to circumvent them by taking dirt roads.

Even before I received the text message, I had seen and heard LaToya Hentz on her cell phone saying, "He's over here at I.T. right in front of my face. Hurry up over here."

I hurried down the stairs of the Industrial Technology Building, which houses the Department of Mass Communication, in order to avoid any confrontation. I had been informed by a campus police officer earlier in the day that, despite the harassment, if the young ladies did attack me and I retaliated, I would be arrested. My hands were tied. I wanted to avoid confrontation at all costs. I was, however, too late.

http://www.blackcollegewire.org/voices/070312_cook/

?They would call us around 1 or 2 in the morning and make us come to their dorm room,? the sophomore said. ?Once we were there, they would make us recite history, founders and other information. We would have to do push-ups, sit-ups, and jumping jacks when we got answers wrong or weren?t in sync.? The sophomore said she had not sent the e-mail making the allegations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you mean to tell me they are complaining about doing pt and reciting history? i know this wasn't greek, but i went through waaaaaay more than that crossing the band, my ass can prove it. this people nowadays are beyond soft.

Check this out.

Revenge of the Sorors
By J. Samuel Cook
Black College Wire

Writing about hazing charges at Alcorn State University led to a pink-and-green nightmare.
When the text message arrived on my cellular phone, I instantly knew what was about to happen.

"Here they come," the unidentified source had said. How they were able to pinpoint my location, I?m not certain. They had established an elaborate network among themselves ? nearly 100 members on the campus alone? in which they parked their vehicles at strategic locations on the Alcorn State University campus and communicated via cellular phone. I had attempted to circumvent them by taking dirt roads.

Even before I received the text message, I had seen and heard LaToya Hentz on her cell phone saying, "He's over here at I.T. right in front of my face. Hurry up over here."

I hurried down the stairs of the Industrial Technology Building, which houses the Department of Mass Communication, in order to avoid any confrontation. I had been informed by a campus police officer earlier in the day that, despite the harassment, if the young ladies did attack me and I retaliated, I would be arrested. My hands were tied. I wanted to avoid confrontation at all costs. I was, however, too late.

"Someone send these girls over to Afghanistan. They?ll find Bin Laden in no time flat. "

Yes Indeed!!!
:jump:

What's going on out there that they're letting them girls act like that, I mean dayum. And he put their full names in that article :emlaugh: . Its sad when even the grown folks acting a fool.

I know if that had happened to the Phrat when I was at Alcorn the same situation may have happened espically being that the alligations aren't true (in our case). When I was at Alcorn we were always accused of this every semester and we would get striaght to the source and straigten it out unless our Advisor's told us to let them handle the situation. But in this case I don't know how their advisor is handling it and if she is handling it. One thing is for sure there is not any evidence that it has accured and they are continuing to have the line. Now there may be an investigation on going but I dont know how serious it is if they are continuing to allow them to have the line.

Check this out.

Revenge of the Sorors
By J. Samuel Cook
Black College Wire

"Here they come," the unidentified source had said. How they were able to pinpoint my location, I?m not certain. They had established an elaborate network among themselves ? nearly 100 members on the campus alone? in which they parked their vehicles at strategic locations on the Alcorn State University campus and communicated via cellular phone. I had attempted to circumvent them by taking dirt roads.

Those damn AKA's at Alcorn is renegades. This was nice article.

Those damn AKA's at Alcorn is renegades. This was nice article.
I just talked to my old advisor at Alcorn from when I was in undergrad, and they have found that these allegation's are not true. Like I said before that is hard to believe that anything was going on when the undergraduate chapter out there do Not have complete control over the line right now because I situations like this and because of people Assuming things and not having any merit to there accusations.

I know if that had happened to the Phrat when I was at Alcorn the same situation may have happened espically being that the alligations aren't true (in our case). When I was at Alcorn we were always accused of this every semester and we would get striaght to the source and straigten it out unless our Advisor's told us to let them handle the situation. But in this case I don't know how their advisor is handling it and if she is handling it. One thing is for sure there is not any evidence that it has accured and they are continuing to have the line. Now there may be an investigation on going but I dont know how serious it is if they are continuing to allow them to have the line.

Hey frat, what ever happened to the Alpha who hit the other dude upside the head with the ax handle?

I remember that from a while back and all the hoopla that started. Two of my best friends from Alcorn actually where prophyte's during that time! :smh:

Hey frat, what ever happened to the Alpha who hit the other dude upside the head with the ax handle?

I remember that from a while back and all the hoopla that started. Two of my best friends from Alcorn actually where prophyte's during that time! :smh:

Man nothing really, he got a fine and probation that's about it, we ended up settling out of court and I dont know about if he had to pay ole boy anything. I was a neo at the time and the tripped out thing is the entire chapter got in trouble for something that was personal and we had nothing to do with. That is what pisses me off about this article and all these false accusation's

I just talked to my old advisor at Alcorn from when I was in undergrad, and they have found that these allegation's are not true. Like I said before that is hard to believe that anything was going on when the undergraduate chapter out there do Not have complete control over the line right now because I situations like this and because of people Assuming things and not having any merit to there accusations.

:tup:

Man nothing really, he got a fine and probation that's about it, we ended up settling out of court and I dont know about if he had to pay ole boy anything. I was a neo at the time and the tripped out thing is the entire chapter got in trouble for something that was personal and we had nothing to do with. That is what pisses me off about this article and all these false accusation's

Trust me, I understand! :nod: :tup: The same thing happened to me my senior year. As a matter of fact, Rickey Thigpen even went so far as to not allow the seniors who pledged with me to cross! :smh:

The messed up thing about it was that we had two brothers on our line. He allowed one to cross, but told the other one, he couldn't! :shame:

Do you happen to know Doc, his brother, G, Preston, Frenchie, etc?

Trust me, I understand! :nod: :tup: The same thing happened to me my senior year. As a matter of fact, Rickey Thigpen even went so far as to not allow the seniors who pledged with me to cross! :smh:

The messed up thing about it was that we had two brothers on our line. He allowed one to cross, but told the other one, he couldn't! :shame:

aint too many men named Frenchie that pledged Alpha at Alcorn (at least I wouldn't think)!!
I play softball with Frenchie here in Chicago!! He's a straight shy.t talker!! LMAO

aint too many men named Frenchie that pledged Alpha at Alcorn (at least I wouldn't think)!!
I play softball with Frenchie here in Chicago!! He's a straight shy.t talker!! LMAO

Tell that fool I said what up! I aint seed that dude in years! The last time I saw him, he got married and left MS.

I am glad it is not true. What about Cook? Is he just writing false info?

Yeah I know Preston and Frenchie, are you talking bout Gilmore. All of them are older than me though Frenchie was way gone when I came in, I've only met him on a couple times.

Yeah Frenchie does talk a lot of ISHT.

I am glad it is not true. What about Cook? Is he just writing false info?
Yeah from what I hear he's doing this stuff out of spite. I hear he is a Que and he didn't do the underground process that "may" have happened and has been catching a lot of heat on campus from not only the ques but the student body as well. Now I don't know how true that is just what I've been told.

Back