Accreditation Loss (MVSU, GSU)

Choppas

I am 1919
I read in the newspaper that MVSU has just been aded to the list of schools that are on probation and threatens to be stripped of there accreditation. I had already heard that Grambling and Morris Brown were in hot water, what's going on at Valley?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
GSU

GSU GOT THEIR STUFF TOGETHER THEY JUST WANTED TO KEEP GSU ON PROBATION FOR ANOTHER YEAR. TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE KEEPING THINGS IN LINE.

GRAMBLING - Grambling State University keeps its accreditation but must wait another year and show stability before its probationary status will be lifted by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.

Originally posted by Choppas
I read in the newspaper that MVSU has just been aded to the list of schools that are on probation and threatens to be stripped of there accreditation. I had already heard that Grambling and Morris Brown were in hot water, what's going on at Valley?

GSU is on probation for one year.

Morris Brown is on the verge of shutting down.

Haven't heard about MVSU.

Is this accreditaion aim at the HBCUs or are the HBCUs just missing up themselves.

i think that this accreditation loss is directly aimed at us HBCU's. isnt it amazing how not one, not two but 3 HBCU's lost or is about to lost accreditation within one year? how many PWC's has that happened to in history? right....ok so if they cant make us lose accreditation then they are gonna try to turn us into 50/50 schools...are HBCU's are disappearing and something must be done!

Is this accreditaion aim at the HBCUs or are the HBCUs just missing up themselves.

Good question..

I think it's a good amount of the 1st and a lot of the 2nd......

I do think SACS looks at HBCUs with a 'finer' comb than the other schools. But misrepresentation and shoddy-accounting knows no color. MoBrown and Grambling weren't guilty of being black, they were guilty of not having proper accounting procedures in place. And MoBrown was guilty of flat-out fraud, requesting/accepting/spending federal financial aid money for students that weren't enrolled, or didn't exist. And Grambling didn't keep good books....

:dude:

I hate to Say It

Originally posted by Devilsh1
You can stop with the Valley, because thats not true at all

I really hate to say it, but these allegations are all true, I hate to see this happen to any black college. I check in to the article from the University Faculty Voice newpaper and this is a true article. They are coming after about 10 or 15 colleges.

IT'S NOT TRUE ABOUT MVSU. YOU MAY BE REFERRING TO ABOUT TEN YEARS AGO WHEN THEY TRIED BUT THE SCHOOL STAYED OPEN.

Grambling has overcome those problems, the board says that GSU is well on track and probation will be lifted this year

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back