About the Popeye's chicken sandwich

SIR_GRAM

Legend
ZFMLPCZLNJBX3F7ZBT42ZOCARU.jpg

I did not have it the 1st go around, But I got one the other day. And I have to honestly say, that I don't think all this hype and commotion is worth it. It clearly tastes like a boneless Popeye's chicken breast. I personally think that if you pull the Chicken breast off the bone, and put it on that same bread, it would taste a bit better than the chicken patty which I think is dryer. I personally think Chic-fi-lay's sandwich is better. I really do.

Last edited:

ZFMLPCZLNJBX3F7ZBT42ZOCARU.jpg

I did not have it the 1st go around, But I got one the other day. And I have to honestly say, that I don't think all this hype and commotion is worth it. It clearly tastes like a boneless Popeye's chicken breast. I personally think that if you pull the Chicken breast off the bone, and put it on that same bread, it would taste a bit better than the chicken patty which I think is dryer. I personally think Chic-fi-lay's sandwich is better. I really do.

The sandwich looks good! But, I'm thinking, the grease, will raise up my cholesterol and BP! :(

I ain't mad at Chick-fil-A , they literally stole Colonel Sanders original recipe and made a sandwich. I always thought the chicken belonged to the church, Church's Chicken, that is! :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BG
Yes, I like Church's when its Fresh... it is the best when its hot because I find Church's to be juicer than both Popeye's and KFC.

Reactions: BG
White people love chick fila because they originally were in the majority of white areas. They claim they hate fried Chicken and watermelon, yet go to any soul food restaurant in the day time and you see nothing but white folks packing it out. White folks got complexes. When they tell you something always believe the opposite side of it..... In their little sick minds Popeye's represents the hood and chick fila represents white. In reality they are both owned by rich white folks who don't love nothing but green money.

Kid you not....I had to get new tires @ 10am Sunday and while waiting, I decided to take a walk to kill time. I got around the corner and Popeyes parking lot was packed with cars lined up to get through the drive though. Another long line at the door. Here is the kicker.....Popeyes hadn't opened up for business yet for the day. These people were lined up in both areas waiting on them to open up. So I went to the back of the line and ask a guy what was going on because hell I didn't know....He told me everyone was trying to get a chicken sandwich....smh & LMAO....

Someone was stabbed to death at Popeyes because of that sandwich. A guy broke in line which upset the chicken sandwich hopefuls and started an altercation. Which ended with a fatality. Guess that sandwich is TO DIE FOR!

Someone was stabbed to death at Popeyes because of that sandwich. A guy broke in line which upset the chicken sandwich hopefuls and started an altercation. Which ended with a fatality. Guess that sandwich is TO DIE FOR!

Sad

White people love chick fila because they originally were in the majority of white areas. They claim they hate fried Chicken and watermelon, yet go to any soul food restaurant in the day time and you see nothing but white folks packing it out. White folks got complexes. When they tell you something always believe the opposite side of it..... In their little sick minds Popeye's represents the hood and chick fila represents white. In reality they are both owned by rich white folks who don't love nothing but green money.
You should see them at the soul food restaurants in Harlem.

Every picture I see of this latest relaunch the sandwiches look very greasy. Previously, before the hype, the sandwiches I had in Houston were much fresher and definitely didn't LOOK this greasy. I haven't had one since the relaunch.

Popeye's did a heck of a job marketing to black people with this. Of all things a fried chicken sandwich,...one would swear black folks hardly ever eat fried chicken.
Popeyes got free marketing actually. People started posting about it themselves on social media when the sandwich launched. We had it in Houston for months before the craze and very little marketing outside the commercials they do for all their special items.

The NAACP should have gotten Popeye's to wait until election time and had them giving them out at voting precincts. Trump would have been voted out for sure....... Them jigs would have broken numbers.

The NAACP should have gotten Popeye's to wait until election time and had them giving them out at voting precincts. Trump would have been voted out for sure....... Them jigs would have broken numbers.
Nahh, they would have gotten the sandwich and left without voting.

Back