AAMU set to announce new women’s head coach tommorow

I thought the subtle shots at UAPB & the city of Pine Bluff was little unnecessary. They gave her a shot & I don't doubt she'll take little digs at A&M / SWAC if a G5 or P5 ever calls. I know it's the honeymoon stage , but I'd like someone to ask her about the UAPB collapse, on court fights & players quitting on the floor.

One player unusually went out of her way to let everyone that she's not following Thornton to Huntsville. Has a single UAPB player committed to following her to A&M?
Dawn and Green are REAL tight… if you have listened to the interviews Dawn has said multiple times that all of her players would have followed her …. She advised the ones with potential WNBA aspirations to go Power 5… and she said she receives calls from P5 coaches every day about 3 of them (Starr who went to Ole Miss, Green who went to Bama and Mya Peat)… as far as the shots at PB…. I dont really take them as “shots”… it’s the truth. You cant compare Pine Bluff to Huntsville and AAMU’s facilities are much better than PBs. She was responding to people in facebook groups that were saying it was a lateral move. BTW 3 (at least) players will be coming with her from PB… and she has 10 commits from this past weekends recruitment trips.

I thought the subtle shots at UAPB & the city of Pine Bluff was little unnecessary. They gave her a shot & I don't doubt she'll take little digs at A&M / SWAC if a G5 or P5 ever calls. I know it's the honeymoon stage , but I'd like someone to ask her about the UAPB collapse, on court fights & players quitting on the floor.

One player unusually went out of her way to let everyone that she's not following Thornton to Huntsville. Has a single UAPB player committed to following her to A&M?
I feel you on this. As a fan, what you mentioned was a red flag for me from the start. As I've risen up in ranks with my on career in leadership at the higher ed/hbcu level, I have learned and observed from my own experiences, those things are not to be ignored.

Of course I want her to succeed on "The Hill," but my attitude is more like, let's see how this works out. Maybe she has learned how to effectively deal with conflict. As we know, dealing with competitive and strong-minded women is very challenging these days and something not for the weak or faint of heart. I've seen a few tear an otherwise good department/organization apart. We'll see...

Last edited:
Sis still kind of salty with Coach Reed. I aint gone lie, if Reed had left, i wondered could she have come home but not sure that could have happened.

Dawn's personality is made for the conference tho. She might have to spend less time in JXN now though.

Hmmmm. Come on home Dawn.

Ashley terminated her when she was at PV and some lawsuits came about it.

I feel you on this. As a fan, what you mentioned was a red flag for me from the start. As I've risen up in ranks with my on career in leadership at the higher ed/hbcu level, I have learned and observed from my own experiences, those things are not to be ignored.

Of course I want her to succeed on "The Hill," but my attitude is more like, let's see how this works out. Maybe she has learned how to effectively deal with conflict.
Thanks. It was honest questions & not an attack on Dawn or A&M. She is an unquestionably great portal recruiter , but sometimes these players are in the portal for a reason ( to quote Broderick Fobbs) . Maybe the same UAPB incident could have happened at Grambling or any other school. Those are some different personalities with different motivations in the portal without the best interest or love for the old Alma mater .

Thorntons success & A&M I believe elevates us all on some level. Hope she does well.

Thanks. It was honest questions & not an attack on Dawn or A&M. She is an unquestionably great portal recruiter , but sometimes these players are in the portal for a reason ( to quote Broderick Fobbs) . Maybe the same UAPB incident could have happened at Grambling or any other school. Those are some different personalities with different motivations in the portal without the best interest or love for the old Alma mater .

Thorntons success & A&M I believe elevates us all on some level. Hope she does well.
Lol

We've had coaches leave for in the swac before the social media craze - it only benefits her and A&M if she has success

Back