AAMU Peeps, any word on .........

tsutiger

the injury to Nicholas Wells? It looked like he was favoring his ankle as he was carried off. Any word how long he'll be out. I hope not long. He was the only bright spot for the bulldogs catching 9 balls for 117 yards. He also hurt us on special teams.

No word yet, but I don't think it is serious. They should have something in the Huntsville Times today. 'Preciate the concern.

We had some bright spots on offense, but INTs, and Anthony KILLED US. You can't expect to win any game throwing 3 INTs in the 1st Qtr. You all played solid all night, and kept us off the board 5 out of the 6 times we were in the red zone. Good luck on the season. And for me, BEAT THE HELL OUTTA JAX ST.

p.s. Y'all sign a contract extension for 2 more years.

Alabama A&M athletic director Jim Martin said he hopes to sign a deal with Tennessee State before the season is over that would keep the two schools playing each other for at least the next two years.

Saturday night's game ended a two-year agreement between the two schools.

"We're working on two-year deal," Martin said. "We're looking at coming here again next year. That's what we've talked about. It's strictly a financial arrangement. If the money is there, we'll return here."

Martin had originally hoped the two schools could reach a long-term deal, but said some things going on in the Southwestern Athletic Conference prevented that.

"We're trying to make some adjustments in our schedule from a conference standpoint," he said.

Martin said SWAC commissioner Robert Vowels wants the first two games of the season to be delegated to conference opponents.

If the two sides can reach a deal, Martin said he has talked with officials from the Circle City Classic in Indianapolis about bringing the Tennessee State game there in 2006.

Martin said Vowels has talked with officials from Conference USA about the possibility of the two leagues playing each other. An A&M-UAB game at Legion Field would seem ideal and Martin said he wouldn't rule that out, but said Tennessee State is No. 1 on his list.

complete story ------> http://www.al.com/aam/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/sports/109437602286170.xml

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I honestly dont like the Circle City Classic... I would rather play TSU at our "home away from home".... Legion Field. If Miles and CAU could get 26,000 at Legion Field for the Labor Day Classic then AAMU and TSU should EASILY get 50,000..... since CAU didnt bring ANY fans.

I dont know why the John Merritt Classic doesnt bring in more than 25,000... it is VERY well promoted in Nashville and in Huntsville this year... AAMU brought a very nice crowd... the city of Nashville needs to really get behind TSU (especially the Black population)... I was surprised to even see an damn near empty Memorial Stadium for the home opener of Vandy against South Carolina on the same day.

Yeah

I hope they dont kick our ass and embarrass us like they molested yall. I see yall trying to get out of this game now and blame the commissioner huh? Im sure Miles will be available.

Honestly we embarressed ourselves... 6 times in the redzone and one score... 2 missed field goals and the rest were INTS... I can tell everyone now I dont think we will make a field goal the rest of the year... we need to just go for it on 4th down.... the score of this game doesnt indicate how the game really went down.... we had 22 first downs to TSU's 19 and TSU had about 20 more total yards than AAMU... Hopefully we can build off of this game.

I?m glad to see the series will be renewed. However, that?s not good new for Bulldog fans that the next two will be played in Nashville and at a neutral site. Like I tried to tell Dahill, the games played in Nashville have been very one sided. 59-14, 27-6 and now 42-7. Games in Huntsville are alway tough.

Dahill, I agree with you. This series doesn?t need to be played in Indy. If not played in Huntsville, Birmingham would be great.

I also expected more people. Somewhere between 30,000 and 35,000. But 25,000 ain?t bad.

In the Huntsville paper they stated Wells had a ankle injury. Hope he can get back on the field quick. Your going to need him this weekend.

Get Ready said:
Yeah

I hope they dont kick our ass and embarrass us like they molested yall. I see yall trying to get out of this game now and blame the commissioner huh? Im sure Miles will be available.
:lmao: Now you know you and your team need to be the last ones on this thread trying to talk noise. How are we trying to get out of the game with TnSU????? Did you read? Can you read? The AD said this game is #1 priority on our out-of-conference schedule.

The CCC could possibly be the site IF the conference makes our first two games of the year mandatory conference games. If and only if.

tsutiger said:
I?m glad to see the series will be renewed. However, that?s not good new for Bulldog fans that the next two will be played in Nashville and at a neutral site. .
Birmingham wont be a neutral site... BIrmingham is to AAMU as Memphis is to TSU.... We use to be like Bama and play a regular season at Legion Field on teh regular ... we have played UNA, MVSU, Morehouse, and Jax State(i believe) at Legion Field. 2 weeks ago AD Martin said he wants another game at Legion Field... he said he is in talks with FAMU about a home and home or a game at Legion Field... and this week he stated he wants TSU at Legion Field.

Wells was interviewed on the Bulldog review show and didnt mention anything about still being injured... so hopefully he is alright now.

Despite the outcome of our last two trips to Normal, I really enjoy the on-campus atmoshere and hope that the games remain there. Classic games are really boring when most of the fans are there to be seen. I'd rather have 25k true football fans and all of the revenue going to schools and not getting share from the promoters. Also, Crews stadium is my favorite on campus stadium. I'll be there this year for the SU/AAMU game.

Dahill,

What's your outlook on the remainder of the season for the Bulldogs? I saw some good things in TSU but I'm far from ready to claim them as champs of anything. From my vantage point I saw an A&M team that needs better QB play and a little less Charles Anthony but a team that could be very competitive if it can overcome this loss. TSU's WR's and DB's need a little more work but I was pleased with our interior linemen and LB's........and the RB was alright too.

Don't get it mixed up tsutiger. The two-year extension if done would have AAMU returning back to Nashville for a second staight year (Make up for when TnSU came to AAMU for 2 years straight). The 2nd year in the contract (2006) could possibly have us and TnSU in the CCC. That would happen if the SWAC mandate prevents us from playing at home. Other than that it's still home and home. We just go back to Nashville first.

BigBlueTiger said:
Despite the outcome of our last two trips to Normal, I really enjoy the on-campus atmoshere and hope that the games remain there. Classic games are really boring when most of the fans are there to be seen. I'd rather have 25k true football fans and all of the revenue going to schools and not getting share from the promoters. Also, Crews stadium is my favorite on campus stadium. I'll be there this year for the SU/AAMU game.

Dahill,

What's your outlook on the remainder of the season for the Bulldogs? I saw some good things in TSU but I'm far from ready to claim them as champs of anything. From my vantage point I saw an A&M team that needs better QB play and a little less Charles Anthony but a team that could be very competitive if it can overcome this loss. TSU's WR's and DB's need a little more work but I was pleased with our interior linemen and LB's........and the RB was alright too.

we still can have a good season... Take away the four interceptions we are in the game....HOPEFULLY Keith will put them in the past and move on.... if you take away the four ints he had a great game... one of his incompletions was a DROPPED wide open td pass in the endzone... He completed about 65% of his passes and had 160 passing yards at the half.... Once he regains his confidence he will be ok.. He only threw 6 ints all of last year and 1500 yards after starting after the first 5 games.

Back