AAMU’s new field turf photo

I sent my sports reporter to Louis Crews Stadium on Monday to film the progress of the new turf being installed. Check it out!

View: https://youtu.be/BBxOXLWCWY4

@PBSwag77 @CEE DOG @2kool @Mr. SWAC @BulldogM.Ed.23 @DAHILL @Dog81 @dieharddawg @Normal1875 @PQUE @AAMU_DB1997 @STRAWDOG
Where does the time go?...I remember the first turf being put down 10 years ago like yesterday...wow! this new édition will look amazing when it's finished. The players are going to love the new turf!

How long does turf last? I'm curious. I always thought teams went to turf because it was life time. Glad to see us getting an upgrade though.

How long does turf last? I'm curious. I always thought teams went to turf because it was life time. Glad to see us getting an upgrade though.

The older version (with the rubber) usually needs to be replaced every 7-10 years. The newer version of field turf (which A&M is installing now) can last no less than 10-12 years before needing a full upgrade.

Last edited:
The older version (with the rubber) usually needed to be repleaces every 7-10 years. The newer version of field turf (which A&M is installing now) can last no less than 10-12 years before needing an upgrade.
Thanks! I never knew that.

I've heard rumors about all the upgrades aamu is making throughout athletics. This will definitely catapult their recruiting efforts going forward

The older version (with the rubber) usually needs to be replaced every 7-10 years. The newer version of field turf (which A&M is installing now) can last no less than 10-12 years before needing a full upgrade.
Mo do you know if Connell Maynor Camp will be held in Louis Crews in a few weeks?...that would be great!

We ain’t be to this lol… i think then folks were trying to cut the turf lol
Just make sure y'alls field doesn't shed like a German Shepherd ... like your pals down the road in Montgomery LOL

we now have new turf on the practice and stadium fields, plus a refurbished track and field. Hope you make the SU game in Montgomery and you can see our facilities for yourself.

Mo do you know if Connell Maynor Camp will be held in Louis Crews in a few weeks?...that would be great!
At the moment, I’m not sure. My guess is that the camps would take place on the practice fields.

But the crew may have everything in place by June 23rd at the stadium. It’s up to the coaches to see what’s best and there’s got to be a safety concern as well

We ain’t be to this lol… i think then folks were trying to cut the turf lol
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

At the moment, I’m not sure. My guess is that the camps would take place on the practice fields.

But the crew may have everything in place by June 23rd at the stadium. It’s up to the coaches to see what’s best and there’s got to be a safety concern as well
Mo,
I was just about to ask you about the proposed covered practice field. However, I see DAHILL has already posted it. What is the update on the facilities?

what's the cost of the replacement?

@TvSportsGuy21 On behalf of myself and many other Bulldogs I just want to say thanks for what you do for our University! You are the best Sportscaster in Alabama and the best we have ever had in Huntsville! Your work is greatly appreciated! Let's go Bulldogs!

@CEE DOG - Those words in your statement mean so much. Thank you for appreciating my work. Just glad to be doing a great job in my field. More example of my solid work is on the way.

Back