A Quick Question For JSU Folks.....

goodolebrave

Word is y'all arrested some students on campus for drugs and conunterfiet money the other day.

Now the word is they were really arrested because some of the school officials tried to use some of the fake money to help cover the money that was missing but the bank wasn't going for that shit. So y'all arrested the students out of anger. Asking for a friend.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/3447...ested-after-drugs-gun-found-in-residence-hall

JSU students arrested after drugs, gun found in Residence Hall
Thursday, February 9th 2017, 9:50 pm CSTFriday, February 10th 2017, 8:56 am CST
Posted by Marie Edinger, Reporter
Arrests were made at University Point after three JSU students were found with drugs, guns in their room on campus. But students who live at the residence hall say what happened is really reflective of a bigger issue.
"Unfortunately, it was student scholars of our university. They are currently locked up at Raymond," said Lindsey Horton, JSU's Associate Vice President of Public Safety.
Jeffery Johnson, Roderick Hibbler, and Khalil Anderson were arrested Thursday morning after a routine room search led police to find a gun, marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and $10-thousand dollars in what they believe is counterfeit money.
Alexia Rice lives at University Pointe and feels that arresting the students was too extreme.
"Take the headlines from it being Jackson State University, and look at it as the fact that we are still human beings. We're students, we have to protect ourselves, we have a family back at home. People send their kids here," said Rice.
The students are warned ahead of time about the routine room checks.
"They post it on each room door," explained Armani Fryer, who lives near the students who were arrested. "So they said there would be room checks all this week, from the 6th through the 10th."
Horton says what officers saw during the check of Johnson's, Hibbler's, and Anderson's room led them to request a warrant and then return Thursday for a more thorough search.
That's when they found the illegal items.
Many students feel very strongly that they should be allowed to carry weapons at the university.
"Kids are really doing this because people need protection on campus," said Julian Lozano, who says he's close friends with the students who were arrested. "Kids are getting robbed on campus - really, literally, I just had a friend get robbed on campus. Down the street, people are getting shot everyday."
Other students at the residence hall feel the arrests as a whole were unwarranted, but JSU says rules are rules.
"We have conscientious officers who are trained that they can investigate and do what they did today, and we're very proud of them," said Horton.
"At the end of the day, we all know right from wrong, and that's wrong to have what they had on campus," said Rice. "But I feel like there are bigger issues to focus on that just what they had."
JSU says the investigation is ongoing, and there could be more arrests made in the future.

images

Many students feel very strongly that they should be allowed to carry weapons at the university.
"Kids are really doing this because people need protection on campus," said Julian Lozano, who says he's close friends with the students who were arrested. "Kids are getting robbed on campus - really, literally, I just had a friend get robbed on campus. Down the street, people are getting shot everyday."

body-found-01132017-d-by-natay-holmes-image2-e1484312917469.jpg

I'm all about competition among the universities, but asking a question for a friend. Well I guess that friend is a mute. This is a meaningless thread.

Back