A Question for the Bamas

Herbert77060

Texas Southern University
Now that the SWAC Basketball Tournament is in Birmingham and one of your teams is ineligible and the other one...well the other is in (kinda sorta) will you still support the tournament?

Last edited:

Hay Bama A&M, go watch TSU play in the tournament. Where your bulldog t-shirts and see what’s it’s like to root for a winning basketball 🏀 program.

Now that the SWAC Basketball Tournament is in Birmingham and one of your teams is ineligible and the other one...well the other is in (kinda sorta) will you still support the tournament?
Kinda sorta? Our teams were in the top half for majority of the season. Attendance might be better than last season

Thank God TxSU has a basketball team with a pulse because football & baseball are absolute trash

You sound so defeated. We are working on our football program just like Bama St. Here recently our baseball team has been one of the best in the SWAC. We have won 3 out the last 4 baseball championships.

Your football team has not been anything to be proud of lately and y’all play in the east.

Last edited:
Well well well

Y’all should have been worried about PV & not lowly State & A&M!

Like my grandma used to say..”your britches got too big!!!”

All those wins against those P5 schools earlier this season and y’all asses are sitting home like the rest of us lmao!

Sit down, be humble

Well well well

All those wins against those P5 schools earlier this season and y’all asses are sitting home like the rest of us lmao!

Sit down, be humble
What in grandma's kitchen does this response have to do with the topic? SMH

Well well well

Sit down, be humble

When talking about basketball we were never worried about a team not in the tournament (A&M). We were not worried about Bama St. But, we do respect Lew Jack as a coach.

We all was worried about sorry as PV. We all knew they had a good team. They shoot the ball very well.

Reactions: J C
It appeared to be fewer people at the championship games this year than last year and the arenas are comparable in size. Where...were...the...Bamas?

It appeared to be fewer people at the championship games this year than last year and the arenas are comparable in size. Where...were...the...Bamas?

Championship game last year was almost sold out. I am convinced tournament attendance is based on who is playing and how convenient it is for said team fans to get there. Very few fans support just because it’s the SWAC Tournament. Very few will, but most won’t.

I’m in the few will class. I’ve watched many SWAC Tournament games without TSU being there. I’ve watch all football championship games in Houston.

Championship game last year was almost sold out. I am convinced tournament attendance is based on who is playing and how convenient it is for said team fans to get there. Very few fans support just because it’s the SWAC Tournament. Very few will, but most won’t.

I’m in the few will class. I’ve watched many SWAC Tournament games without TSU being there. I’ve watch all football championship games in Houston.
This is the first year I have missed the tournament since before it left Birmingham (I was there the last two years before it left). I missed this year because the guy who played saxophone in our group back in the day passed and his funeral was Saturday...otherwise I would have been there. My point is the Bamas were whining all day about stuff being moved out of Birmingham and now it is back they STILL do not support. Birmingham is pretty much centrally located between Huntsville and Montgomery. There is no reason the championship game should not have been filled with Bamas.....plus, ain't nothing else to do in Bama anyway.

This is the first year I have missed the tournament since before it left Birmingham (I was there the last two years before it left). I missed this year because the guy who played saxophone in our group back in the day passed and his funeral was Saturday...otherwise I would have been there. My point is the Bamas were whining all day about stuff being moved out of Birmingham and now it is back they STILL do not support. Birmingham is pretty much centrally located between Huntsville and Montgomery. There is no reason the championship game should not have been filled with Bamas.....plus, ain't nothing else to do in Bama anyway.

We went to the Friday sessions but came home to watch the ASU/A&M baseball game on Saturday.

Back