A question about New Orleans

MACKG

a.k.a. NASTYNUPE
I've been in New Orleans for a week and I swear there is a shooting a day on MLK. What is going on in New Orleans? And most of the criminals are between the ages of 17 and 20.

It seem like the more things change, the more they stay the same. Prior to chief Pennington, I remember turning off the news on numerous occassions because of the local news infamous murder/death daily count. New Orleans Police Dept. needs a strong leader. Otherwise, because of the poverty and laxs liquor and curfew laws (N.O. culture), it is a haven for trouble.

These two dudes robbed a chicken shack...then shot at the manager...then tried to steal his truck. But this ignorant black woman was on tv talking about "The police was treating them like they was mass murderers or something" Okay these little niccas shot at someone. Maybe ignorance breeds ignorance.

New Orleans is......wild; In certain pockets of the city, Policeman get shot at. Depending on where you are, no one is exempt from this TIHS. I love the Big Easy but it is not the most safe place, particularly for outsiders that dont know the city. In addition to killing up themselves they are in many instances acutely aware of outsiders and prey on them.

Back