A Prayer For The Parents, Families, Care-Takers and/or Guardians of Our Student/Athletes

Big Thunder

Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. (Ephesians 6: 1-3)

O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! Father, we acknowledge that You are the one and only, true and living God; the Maker and Creator of all that is, was and shall be; and for that we praise You and say Hallelujah unto You! We ask that You will forgive us for any and everything that we have done or said that is contrary to Your will. We Thank You for Your Son, Jesus; we thank You for everything that You have done, doing and going to do in our lives, and yes, we thank You for the privilege of prayer.

Father, in the Name of Jesus, we come to You in prayer on behalf of all of the mothers, fathers, families, care-takers, and guardians of our student/athletes. Father God, as we lift the “families” of our students/athletes, we pray that they have done as said in Your Word; “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he (or she) is old, he (or she) will not depart from it” (Prov. 22:6). We pray that even if that is not the case, that all is not lost, because we can stand on (James 1:5), which says, “If any of you (parents, families, students, anyone) lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.“

Father, You already know, that sometimes, parents/families, get a little weary from the day to day grind of life, and as we try to do all that we can to raise our students/athletes in the way that You instructed us. Matthew 11:29 tells us to: “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” So, we thank You for making Your “Center” (yolk) available to us to help us teach them Your way.

Father, we know that the primary objective for our students/athletes is, or should be, to excel to the best of their ability in their study towards their chosen fields, and we pray that Your Holy Spirit will help them to remember that. But Father, we also know that challenges, temptation, frustration, peer-pressure, loneliness and a multitude of other “things” can be present, especially on a college campus and/or away from home. So, we ask, O God that even in those moments, that we, as “family” are able, ready and prepared to encourage, support, guide and counsel our students/athletes accordingly. We pray that we will be able to lean on Deuteronomy 6:6-9, which tells us to take Your words, which we have hidden in our hearts, and share (teach) them with our children, that they may be a source of help to them.

Father, we recognize that some of our students/athletes are in schools locally and some are far away. We also know that they are not perfect and that they may sometimes, do some things that they shouldn’t. If/when that should happen O God, help us to be diligent in correcting/redirecting them (in love) as You have instructed us to do in Proverbs 29:15-17, while not provoking or driving them to a point of anger/wrath as Your Word tells us in Ephesians 6:4.

Proverbs 1:8 says, “My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother.” Father God, we thank You in advance, that no matter how near or far our children may be, that they will continue to be receptive to the wisdom and knowledge that You give to us to deposit into them.

Father, we know that our students are desirous of excelling in the classroom, and some are desirous of excelling on the various fields of competition. We also know that struggle and injury are realities. If/when that should come, we pray that we, the “families” of our students, will keep them lifted in prayer; that we will encourage and check on them regularly (but not too much), and we pray that in all other times, that You will be right there by their sides.

We thank You in advance, believing these things to already be done, for we pray them in the name of Jesus…. Amen!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Amen....Glory to His name!

Thank you Brother!

I feel real good right now, no...I feel great right about now! I feel a shuddering in my bones as the Holy Spirit has just reminded me that I along with all who believe have been washed in the blood.

Our Father, Our God....thank you for loving us so much, thank you for caring about us as you do, thank you for tending to us so well. God you are so good, God you are so Great!

Lord I pray you continually bless all in the land. Lord by name and by way intercession I pray that you continue to pour out your spirit, mercy and grace on Brother Big Thunder, Sister 96Lioness and Brother BulldogM.Ed.23. Lord it is my prayer as well that you contunue to lift them up, and keep your anointing upon them as they strive to serve as obedient vessels intent on lifting up your Holy Name so all mankind will be drawn on to you. Bless them Lord, and bless them to continue to do the work you have set them apart to do.

Father, this is my humble prayer, I send it up to you in the name of your Only Begotten Son, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

Amen!

See, yall ain’t right!

HOLY GHOST HIJACK! HALLELUJAH!

Yes Lord, pour out your Spirit and let it fill us! Please Father, we pray that you keep LAW DAWG & all connected to him! Thank you for these willing vessels; continue to use all of us for Your Kingdom and YOUR glory!

In the name of Jesus,
Amen!

Back