A List Of 8 Core Values I Live By

Olde Hornet

Our values matter not because of how we are perceived, but because of how they define our character and set us apart from all others.

That’s why I recently sat down to define my own personal core values to get things straight for myself. I recommend you to do the same. Once you know who you are in life, you stop trying to be who you are not. That gives you tranquility.

Here are my values:
  1. Authenticity—Be the same person at every occasion in life. Don’t act differently in front of your parents, friends, co-workers, in-laws, and strangers. Stay your true self. And never be afraid of other people’s judgments.
  2. Truthfulness—Tell the truth. Always. Especially when it comes to your own life. Don’t have money? Don’t pretend that you’re wealthy. Never went to college? Own it. Be honest about who you are and what you’ve done. You’ll be able to look at yourself in the mirror with pride.
  3. Joyfulness—Life is short. Do things that bring you joy. And NEVER do something you hate for longer than is necessary. Enjoy the small things. Music, other people, working out, walking, laying down, reading, and so forth.

Back