A Black Sorority that Nobody Talks about ...

ChicagoJag

Family -

I just wanted to send a shout-out to some ladies that a lot of people aren't familiar with but are doing some really good things.

Does anyone know about Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.??? Check them out here: www.iota1929.org.

(No, they're not affiliated with Iota Phi Theta Fraternity -- but I am their website designer!)

Didn't we here about them when the Iota's were suing to get into the Pan-Hell Council? They were asking to join as well... This was in the early '90s.

Anybody else remember?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Didn't we here about them when the Iota's were suing to get into the Pan-Hell Council? They were asking to join as well... This was in the early '90s.

Anybody else remember?
Well ...

As the person who was the National Project Manager for Iota Phi Theta's entry into the NPHC, I can tell you that the Fraternity never "sued" (nor was litigation ever threatened -- where do people GET this stuff???) to get into the NPHC. :rolleyes:

As I understand it, IPL has never formally pursued NPHC entry.

Well ...

As the person who was the National Project Manager for Iota Phi Theta's entry into the NPHC, I can tell you that the Fraternity never "sued" (nor was litigation ever threatened -- where do people GET this stuff???) to get into the NPHC. :rolleyes:

As I understand it, IPL has never formally pursued NPHC entry.

Come on bro... Let's not go down this path again... We all know Iota Phi Theta threatened a sue to gain entry into the Pan-Hell. Yes, they never sued but they did threaten.

But since you were on the National Project Manager, How was the admitance into the Pan-Hell Initiated? Did the Pan-Hell come to Iota?

Come on bro... Let's not go down this path again... We all know Iota Phi Theta threatened a sue to gain entry into the Pan-Hell. Yes, they never sued but they did threaten.

But since you were on the National Project Manager, How was the admitance into the Pan-Hell Initiated? Did the Pan-Hell come to Iota?
With all due respect, my Frater in Greekdom, this is how !@#$% rumors get started.

There was never a threat to sue -- I was there and I managed the process. As a matter of fact, the NPHC National Legal Counsel at the time was your immediate-Past National President, the Honorable Arthur Thomas and I worked with Art quite a bit. The NPHC did have a legal exposure but it was not us who pointed it out -- he did.

But truthfully, it was never about all of that and it never came to that. The leadership structure of the NPHC recognized that it was simply the right thing to do. I understand what you might have "heard through the grapevine" but you can't be making those kind of statements -- they simply aren't true.

This is how Iota came to be admitted into the NPHC: http://www.dwaynedixon.com/digital/nphc.htm.

It is a sorority for business women. Membership in Iota does not preclude you from joining one of the NPHC sororities. I never heard of them...learn something new every day. :tup: I forwarded to my sorors and friends who are business women to consider joining. I, on the other hand, don't need another damn organization to belong to!

[/b] The leadership structure of the NPHC recognized that it was simply the right thing to do.

This is how Iota came to be admitted into the NPHC: http://www.dwaynedixon.com/digital/nphc.htm.

This is self-serving propaganda at best.

The leadership of the NPHC did not wake up one morning and say "wouldn't it be great to add Iota Phi Theta? It's just the right thing to do". That DID NOT happen.

As the linked page states, it was a goal of your fraternity and you guys were "'concerned' that the NPHC did not have a mechanism or criteria for accepting new member organizations". Whether a lawsuit was threatened based on that "concern" is debatable. That fact is that you guys pushed the issue and steps were taken by the NPHC that led to your admission.

Here we go ...

I see where you Brothers have an opinion about what went down but I will tell you again ...

The statement was made: "We all know Iota Phi Theta threatened a sue to gain entry into the Pan-Hell. Yes, they never sued but they did threaten."

And I am telling you that is totally false. There was no lawsuit, there was no threat of a lawsuit.

We did it the old fashioned way ... through lobbying, politicking, gaining allies, and stating our case. Don't get me wrong -- I worked on the project for 10 years before it finally happened and it was one of the more difficult things I've dever done -- Colored folks do NOT LIKE change.

Please understand that I might not have had an issue with legal action but I do have a problem with falsehoods. As I said before, legal action was never discussed and it was certainly never threatened.

Please don't spread incorrect information just because it easily rolls off your tongue. And if you don't know -- ask somebody.

Here we go ...

I see where you Brothers have an opinion about what went down but I will tell you again ...

The statement was made: "We all know Iota Phi Theta threatened a sue to gain entry into the Pan-Hell. Yes, they never sued but they did threaten."

And I am telling you that is totally false. There was no lawsuit, there was no threat of a lawsuit.

We did it the old fashioned way ... through lobbying, politicking, gaining allies, and stating our case. Don't get me wrong -- I worked on the project for 10 years before it finally happened and it was one of the more difficult things I've dever done -- Colored folks do NOT LIKE change.

Please understand that I might not have had an issue with legal action but I do have a problem with falsehoods. As I said before, legal action was never discussed and it was certainly never threatened.

Please don't spread incorrect information just because it easily rolls off your tongue. And if you don't know -- ask somebody.
You're still handsome! ;) :tup:

This is self-serving propaganda at best.

The leadership of the NPHC did not wake up one morning and say "wouldn't it be great to add Iota Phi Theta? It's just the right thing to do". That DID NOT happen.

As the linked page states, it was a goal of your fraternity and you guys were "'concerned' that the NPHC did not have a mechanism or criteria for accepting new member organizations". Whether a lawsuit was threatened based on that "concern" is debatable. That fact is that you guys pushed the issue and steps were taken by the NPHC that led to your admission.

Here we go ...

I could have sworn this thread was about a SORORITY ...

:lol: @ Fortitude! :lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back