7 Fast-Food Restaurant Chains That Rake In $2M+ Per Store

buckwheat

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolti...&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=obtrafficent

Have you ever visited your favorite fast-food restaurant and, as you grab that sack of burgers or chicken, wondered how much money that restaurant makes?

Well, restaurant trade magazines track those stats for the big fast-food chains. And the answers can be surprising. It turns out that only seven of the top 50 quick-serve brands in the country pull in more than $2 million per store.

For perspective on that, for a full-service restaurant to be a profitable enterprise, it needs to pull in $1 million a year — that’s the rule of thumb I learned in my years as a restaurant beat reporter. At $2 million, you’re cooking with gas, while half a million is considered a subsistence level, when you count up all the food and labor costs involved. Fast-food chains have lower labor costs than full-serve eateries, but any way you slice it, they need to drive sales volume to be profitable.

What it takes

To ring up the exceptional figure of $2 million in average per-store sales, you’ve got to have every element of your restaurant operation working perfectly: great, on-trend food, smart location selection, strong staff, effective marketing.

Which chains have the highest-earning stores? Here are the only brands in this year’s $2-million club, with their average store revenue figures (courtesy of QSR):

I was surprised to not see In-n-Out Burger on that list. I know they aren't as big as the other chains do to being mostly a Pacific Coast Chain but they have a ridiculous following. I've never been in one and it wasn't packed regardless of the time of day.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back